Fraud expert Challengers & Growth market
Medewerker | Juridisch / Fiscaal / Compliance | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-02-12 | REQ-10025988
C&G Fraud expert Challengers & Growth market
ING’s purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. Innovative fraud management is one of the key pre-conditions for living up to our purpose.
The challengers & growth Market (C&GM) operational risk team team consists of 5 team members, responsible for the co-ordination of all ORM activities across C&GM and works closely with colleagues in the other functional areas within C&GM, eg Finance, Product development and the business teams. The team has an important coordinating role between Corporate functions at Bank level, first-line business in Amsterdam and the ORM/fraud teams at unit level, and is responsible for exercising functional oversight and multiple centrally driven projects.
The NFR purpose is to challenge, advise, support and perform research for the benefit of management and 1st Line of Defence (1st LoD)/business in the development, definition and implementation of Non-Financial Risk Management.
To ensure that the 1st LoD/business operates in accordance with internal/external legislation and regulatory standards, such that the costs of risk and the capital reserve under control.
To encourage/provide support in order to ensure that 1st LoD/business Risk becomes an integral part of business operations, with the aim of managing the Non-Financial Risks for ING and contributing to the reliability and integrity of ING products, services and employees.
The C&G fraud expert is expected to design a consistent fraud approach for C&G, including prevention, detection and case management capabilities, leveraging on data from KYC, CDD, TDD information and with focus on prevention. Per country ensure reporting losses in Vortex and Irisk are aligned. Focus must also on include new types of fraud (e-banking, identify fraud, data manipulation) and not only credit fraud to get better fraud coverage. In driving this initiative we expect you to work together with various business partners within ING who have fraud responsibilities across various areas, both in first as well as second line. This consistent fraud approach is to be piloted with 2-3 countries and after evaluation it will need to be further rolled out in other countries. Appropriate tooling implementation will also be part of the responsibilities so knowledge and experience with regard to automatic tool implementation, creating relevant fraud scenarios, establish a clear overview of possible data points needed etc. is a necessity. To reach all these objectives we expect a person to have excellent project management skills, drive for success and excellence and to be able to bring the expertise on the fraud topic so as to establish Best Practices for the Business Line and the relevant countries.
Main responsibilities for this position:
- Provides advice to senior business management related to complex fraud management topics mainly on prevention and detection, but occasionally also on response
- You will be responsible for setting up a fraud management policy for the C&GM countries. You will assess the current activities in the field and create a way of working for all countries, by setting up the right tooling in fraud management and making sure all countries have the same way of working.
- You’ll ensure that all countries have the same standard in the field, to ensure a solid fraud management policy. You will travel regularly to the C&G countries for analysis and updates in the field.
- Executes quality assurance deep dives to test fraud prevention and detection measures and effectiveness of fraud controls
- Manages and develops relations with the main internal and external stakeholders involved in fraud management
- Sets and maintains the Fraud Management Policy and co-creates the Fraud Control Standard owned by first line of defense
Who are we looking for?
An Anti-fraud specialist who understands ING’s core business dynamics and the importance of security in relation to a flawless customer journey. For this position we are looking for a seasoned, skilled, passionate and focused corporate Anti-fraud officer. You understand the importance of ING’s Anti-fraud policy and can relate it to ongoing operational initiatives for strengthening Fraud Prevention, Detection and Response.
Knowledge & Experience
- You have proven experience in Fraud management including knowledge and experience of high tech fraud prevention and detection tooling
- You have relevant experience in the financial industry
- You are a team player who is also able to work in a hands-on consultants role
- You are organizationally sensitive and with great empathy skills to connect to stakeholders, but also able to convince others of the importance of the topic and sell the solution.
- You have strong communication skills and proven experience of working in an (Corporate) international business environment;
- You are capable of advising on the efficient design and implementation of control and you ensure that controls become part of the C&G DNA as opposed to a manual process on top of the business processes
- You are flexible with a hands-on mentality and result oriented
- You are able to analyse data and distill the essence of problems
- You are fact based and focused
- Your English is excellent
- You are self-motivated, help others be successful and you feel comfortable interacting with senior management, both in the business as well as in the NFR-function
What we offer
A job for 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not only for your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.