IT Class - Software Engineer
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-02-17 | REQ-10025263
Are you completing your Masters’ or PhD degree from an EU university in 2020? Do you want to make an excellent career move into the Tech industry? Then join the ING IT Class, beginning on 1 September 2020. We are looking for top IT engineers to jump on!
If required we will take care of sponsorship.
Working at ING
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. The bank is becoming an ever-more tech-driven organisation with an outstanding engineering culture. Our mission is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business and provide products & services that make our customers’ life easier. In order to achieve our ambitious goals, we need the very best people, not only experienced professionals, but also the very best starters. The growth of your career is fully dependent on your talent, effort and ambition. The environment allows for many opportunities.
What is the IT Class program
The IT Class offers you the possibility to explore your engineering skills in one year. In this year you will get three personal and one group assignment within different departments of ING. We will make sure you experience different lines of business and work with different techniques in these assignments. In the personal assignments you will be working with an existing and experienced agile team. In the group assignment you will work with IT Class colleagues on an innovation challenge. For the whole first year you will have a dedicated coach and weekly sessions with the IT Class group. Based on your performance in the first year ING will offer you a permanent contract.
Examples of rotations where you can work:
- Real-time pricing systems
- Payment engines and order managers (handling real-time or batch processing)
- Portal & Omnichannel development, achieving the best user experience
- Cyberfraud prevention and detection
- High performance computing
- (Open) API development
- Automation of tests and operational procedures
- Site reliability engineering
Who are we looking for?
- Technical Master or PhD Graduates from an EU based University in 2019 or 2020. Preference for Computer Science, Information Technology or related.
- Strong software development skills, coding included
- No more than 2 years of work experience
- Passion for information technology
- English language proficiency
- Ability to handle challenging technical assignments, involving either legacy or state-of-the-art technology
What do we offer?
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today located at ING Amsterdam. Discover our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 3 personal and 1 group assignment in your first year
- Permanent contract after the 1st year contract (depending on performance)
- Sponsorship for non-EU citizens
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th-month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
You can apply for the IT Class providing your CV, motivation letter and grade lists (Bachelor and Master until now). All documents should be in English.
Please note that the deadline to apply for this vacancy is 10 May 2020.
After a screening phase, you will be invited to complete an online technical assessment. The results will then be analyzed by a Management Committee together with your application documents. In case of a positive assessment, you will be invited for one of the selection days in May at our premises in Amsterdam. The start of the IT Class contract is 1 September 2020.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.