Operational Risk Quant
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-10-31 | REQ-10022744
ING is looking for Operational Risk Capital Quants
The Financial Risk Model Development department is an energetic international team of over more than 100 highly qualified professionals, who are determined to develop the best possible financial risk models to empower the customers of ING to stay ahead financially, in life and business. The expertise of the department lies in the development and management of all regulatory and non-regulatory Credit Risk, Market and Trading Risk, Operational Risk and Asset and Liability Management models with state-of-the-art modelling methods, tooling and data processing technologies. These models are core to the success of ING and they are applied for different purposes, amongst others to determine the exposure measurement, capital adequacy and the management thereof.
The Quantitative Methods Team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. The core task of the team is the development and maintenance of methodologies for the models in scope of the department. This also involves developing new methods, techniques, code, tooling and trainings to test and implement these. Within that team, we are looking for Operational Risk Modellers. The position offers excellent opportunities to broaden your model development skills within Operational Risk and other risk domains through collaboration with the other teams of the Model Development department.
At ING we follow the Agile approach, using flexible frameworks like Scrum for our daily work. We are innovative and we trust people we work with. Get an impression on our agile way of working here: https://youtu.be/NcB0ZKWAPA0
What does an Operational Risk Modeller at ING do?
We are looking for a colleague who wants to further develop a successful career in Risk Modelling within ING. Together with your colleagues, you will play a crucial role enabling the development and maintenance of models for measuring and managing risks, as well as guiding and advising model development colleagues. You will take responsibility for developing methodology based on best practices, academic research, and extensive analysis of the model-related regulatory frameworks, with applications in credit risk and market risk.
By taking into account the considerations from business stakeholders, internal validation, internal audit as well as external parties, you take into account additional requirements related to methodology. You will assist in the implementation of methodologies by means of whitepapers, trainings, and presentations. You help in setting up all the methodology related aspects in scope of the team.
We are looking for a colleague who wants to continue building out a successful career in Operational Risk Modelling. Together with your colleagues, you will play a crucial role in the further development and maintenance of the operational risk model, assuring compliant methods in line with all regulatory updates, as well as steering and advising the front office colleagues when taking operational risk decisions. You will assist in the application and use of the model by means of support, trainings, and presentations. You help in setting up all the methodology related aspects in scope of the team. You will take responsibility for developing and calibrating the operational risk model by applying ING’s modelling standards. The model covers all products and geographical regions in the ING Bank portfolio
Your main duties and responsibilities as Operational Risk Modeller:
- Develop, implement and maintain (re-calibrate) all the operational risk models and related tools in R Shiny and SAS
- Involvement in periodical capital reporting for operational risk
- Monitoring of models through back-testing and benchmarking analyses
- Communicate and cooperate with the key stakeholders across the three lines of defence (Front Office, Model Development, Model Risk Management, Corporate Audit)
- Rebuild the model offline to re-compute figures for the purpose of validation outputs
- Document the assessments in line with the required standards (e.g. technical model documentations)
- Contribute with your expertise to regulatory and internal projects
Your backpack should contain
- MSc degree or PhD in e.g. mathematics, physics, econometrics
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and/or mathematics
- Excellent knowledge of programming in R and/or SAS
- Minimum of 3 years of forecasting, statistical modelling and quantitative analysis experience
- Prior experience with Monte Carlo modelling is a pre
- Knowledge of banking and financial industry, financial and lending products, and processes
- Experience in being a sparring partner/advisor to senior management
Additionally, you should have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving execution skills
- Have a creative and pro-active mind-set
- Skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders (with non-technical background)
- Be keen on delivering pragmatic and feasible solutions
- An Independent, creative and pro-active mind-set
- The ability to challenge the status quo
- Great team player skills
- And of course you should be fluent in English
Furthermore, you should adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour ought to be fully aligned with these values. You should also be prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
What we offer
- A great salary
- Benefits such as a 13th month’s salary, Public Transfer Business Card, pension scheme
- The opportunity to excel in what you do
- A dynamic and agile international working environment
- Great international career opportunities
Are you interested?
Apply for this job now! For further inquiries, please contact Abdelghafour Es-Saghouani, Team Lead of Credit & Operational Risk Economic Capital Modelling via Abdelghafour.Es-Saghouani@ing.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
For more information on vacancies, please check https://www.ing.jobs/Global/Careers.htm