Risk Officer Data Management
Medewerker | Sales Support | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-02-13 | REQ-10025737
Risk Officer Data Management
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology with many data insights and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcB0ZKWAPA0) Then read what comes because ING might very well become your future employer.
Your role & work environment
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING is renewing the data management capabilities globally. The Tribe Data Management has the objective to ensure that ING has trustable and governed data which is fully fit for purpose and which is enabled by a state-of-the-art data architecture and IT infrastructure. The Tribe Data Management realises an integrated data management platform for the Dutch and Belgian organisations: the “data lake”. This is an ambitious implementation based on advanced technology with many automations. In addition to the above, Data Management also provides a comprehensive governance framework around data and the data lake, that supports the tribes in the Bank in mitigating their risks. Together with data owners and data stewards in the organisation, we ensure that data is defined, can be easily exchanged, the data quality is monitored, and the data lake is set up according to security and privacy standards. We provide the data on need to know basis to important users like Finance, Risk, Investments, Mortgages, Analytics, ING Group and more. The cross-border Tribe Data Management is the data cornerstone in the transformations and product journeys for all Tribes in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Next to that, the Tribe Lead Data Management is also Chief Data Officer (CDO) for the Market Leaders domain: ING Domestic Bank Netherlands and ING Belgium. She is responsible for implementation of the data management strategy with the purpose to realize business value and ensure compliancy with a consistent implementation of the ING Bank Data Management Minimum Standards (DMMS), throughout the whole organization in the Market Leaders domain.
We are working in squads consisting of a product owner, analysts data management and engineers for development and operations: “bus-dev-ops”. The Tribe is very international, with locations in The Netherlands, Belgium and Romania, and people from different nationalities are part of our squads.
We are looking for a Data Management Risk Officer who is a risk partner for the Tribe Data Management as well as for the Market Leaders organisation as a whole on data management related risk items. You have a profound risk expertise of the risk areas where data play a role in relationship with regulations which set standards on data management, like BCBS239, SOx, GDPR, KYC, FATCA/CRS, MIFID II, DGS. You have a experience with designing, auditing and implementing business controls.
Your key responsibilities:
· Drive the internal assessment of the data controls on all data flows in the data management platform. Identify risk items together with the stakeholders, based on knowledge of end-to-end processes: providing evidences, documenting and reporting risks.
· Lead the design of new required controls, as standardized as possible and work with data content squads to implement the controls.
· Take up a pivotal role in ensuring continuous SOX, DMMS and other risk data compliancy for all data assets by being proactive in driving risk implementation roadmap
· Ensure that automated dashboards for regular monitoring and controls are available to data owners, data users, CDO office and control entities
· Being ambassador of the controls, able to simply explain to all tribe members, data platform users and auditors on the what, why and how. You stimulate risk awareness and evaluate the need for first line training for employees.
· Support with the implementation of new or adapted risk policies, procedures and measures.
· Act as a liaison between the auditors and the Tribe Data Management. You will:
o Channel all the requests from the auditors to the appropriate persons/squads/tribes.
o Gather all the request from CAS and chase the PTA for closing the request.
o Gather all the evidence\answers to be delivered to the auditor.
o Check quality of the evidence\answers.
o Store the evidence in a structured way.
o Deliver the evidence to the auditor.
o Report on progress and issues with respect to new/open/closed requests or the answers or evidence to the requests.
· You monitor the quality of the non-financial risk framework by executing key control tests and by assembling evidences to prevent the risk of financial lost or reputation damage
· You help defining and preparing the risk assessment.
· You join the agile ceremonies (market places, sprint planning and demo, risk wall in Obeya Room) to be informed at any moment in time about the most important activities.
· You work closely with the safe business officers and together act as the contact person of the second line of defense.
· You advice internal stakeholders.
· You work cross border to define uniform processes and to develop them further.
We are looking for:
· Knowledge of and profound experience in risk management (>4 years).
· Knowledge of and experience in the financial industry (>2 years).
· Knowledge of data management and related regulation.
· Knowledge of IT.
· Relevant risk or auditing certification.
· Conceptual and analytical.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Enthusiastic, willing to help others to be successful and always a step ahead.
· Proficient in Dutch and English (verbal and writing).
· Willing to frequently travel abroad (approx. 1 time per week), especially to Brussels.
· Master or bachelor degree
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
If you have any questions, please reach out to the recruiter that is linked to this vacancy. Are you already sure that you are the Risk Officer Data Management that we are looking for? Please apply with your resume and motivation, we love to hear from you!