Senior Legal Counsel Legal Financial Markets
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-02-13 | REQ-10025721
Senior Legal Counsel - Bank Strategy and Funding / Legal Financial Markets
ING’s Legal Financial Markets in Amsterdam is seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious, diligent and experienced regulatory lawyer to join its Bank Strategy & Funding team.
ING Legal Financial Markets supports and advises the bank on a variety of legal matters related to financial markets, capital markets, structured finance and treasury, minimising legal risk, as well as providing expert legal and regulatory advice to the business.
You will become part of a highly skilled team of lawyers while enjoying a varied and extensive breadth of work. The team supports, amongst others, Group Treasury, Financial Markets, Specialised Products and Structured Finance of ING Wholesale Bank. The role will include advising on Dutch and European regulatory law as well as complex extraterritorial regulatory reform in the context of financial markets. You will advise on the impact of regulatory change on ING’s organisation, services and products.
What you will do
As a Senior Legal Counsel in the Legal Capital Markets team you will:
- Provide real-time legal advice in respect of regulatory issues, business initiatives and projects on regulatory issues, such as Benchmark Regulation, IBOR transition, MiFID II, Wft, EMIR, CRD IV etc.;
- Participation in various internal multidisciplinary work streams and in the translation of legal and regulatory requirements into technical specifications for systems and processes including the impact on our trading and sales set-up, products and services;
- Maintaining contact with regulators and external counsel;
- Participation in industry working groups and monitoring global and local regulatory developments.
- Advise, negotiate, review, structure and document bond issues for the Bank’s Treasury function including capital instruments
How to succeed
You have a Master’s degree in Law from a reputable university. You have at least 5-8 years relevant working experience, preferably with a law firm, a regulatory authority or financial institution. You have affinity with financial services, derivatives and securities laws and preferably understanding of financial markets’ products, processes and documentation. You have the ability to interpret complex rules and regulations, and produce clear and practical guidance and advice. You have knowledge and understanding of key regulations. You demonstrate clear reasoning and writing and sound judgment.
ING Legal Financial Markets offers its legal counsels broad possibilities for personal development of both legal and soft skills. You will be offered courses internally and externally, both in Amsterdam and internationally..
What we offer
- A dynamic and supportive international environment;
- A varied and interesting role on the highest level;
- Training both on the job and externally;
- A fulltime role of 40 hours per week in Amsterdam;
- Market conform remuneration
- 27 holidays per year.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. www.ING.nl/carriere.
This vacancy closes without notice. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.