Senior Procurement Professional IT
Medewerker | Facility Management / Procurement | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-02-18 | REQ-10025654
Team up with ING, World’s Best Bank in 2017 and a leading international bank at the forefront of technology innovation and digitalization within the industry. Change, renewal and transformation has been in our DNA with one single goal to deliver the best customer experience. Procurement is about supporting the transformation process and the innovation culture, therefore we are hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, commitment to excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today.
Do you want your work to have impact bank wide? We are looking for a skilled, passionate and driven professional in ING Procurement Bank NL. From a Procurement perspective ING Netherlands has interests in a full and wide range of activities - everything related to IT, Marketing & Communications, Professional Services. All ING NL’s purchasing interests in these fields are safeguarded by ING Procurement Bank Netherlands. The exposure as well as the impact of this role is beyond the boundaries of Procurement. To be successful, you must have a strong passion for procurement and for setting high standards for yourself as well as for the people around you.
As Sr. Procurement Professional you are part of Procurement Bank NL team and you are a trusted advisor for different business partners within ING.
What you’ll do
- In your procurement role, you naturally lead the business through the process of closing of the best deals for ING. You are able to do this through your expertise and your knowledge as well as your project-based approach and your intrinsic motivation to contract "quality". You are a contributor to the best possible – short as well as long term - purchasing results for ING.
- You manage contacts with existing suppliers and know how to get new interesting players out of the market, provide them with the right questions, and challenge them optimally. You conduct negotiations, work on new contracts and are responsible for the continuity of the existing relationships.
- You are able to challenge the suppliers, stay up to date about the developments of ING and about the (financial) markets thus are able to re-evaluate the contractual relationships ING has with its suppliers.
- From procurement angle, you are able to be of added value in multidisciplinary teams that are usually organization-transcending (and sometimes international).
- You know how to coach colleagues when necessary
- You can, through using your expertise in the right manner, easily deal with a wide range of stakeholders also on Senior Management level
- Continuously challenge yourself and your environment to further improve
- Translate important developments into opportunities in the Procurement field
- You adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values
How to succeed
In this position we are looking for a hands-on and skilled professional experienced in procurement. Having the right behavior and attitude is as important as having the knowledge and experience. Being a go-getter and a self-starter are key to be successful in this role.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration
- 5-7 years of work experience within Procurement
- Preferably you have a Nevi Professional and Expert (1 & 2) diploma (or comparable)
- You have all required skills and knowledge of the legal aspects of the Procurement field and an excellent negotiator
- You master English language perfectly (spoken as well as written) - Knowledge of Dutch language is preferred but not a must have
- You can own, lead and drive an assignment or project until completion
- Excellent analytical skills in the financial and economic field and clear and assertive communicator
- You have a pragmatic approach in removing roadblocks and opening bottlenecks
- You are an independent operator but with great empathy skills to connect to the team and various stakeholders
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us.