Trading Risk Quants
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-11-14 | REQ-10023766
ING is looking for Trading Risk Quants
The Trading Risk Quant team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. Our responsibility is to provide the quantitative expertise required to
1) perform validations of the (derivatives) pricing models used by ING’s Financial Markets Trading;
2) develop Trading Risk models and methodologies (related to e.g. Basel Pillar 1 Market Risk IMA framework); and
3) provide advice to traders and risk managers on quantitative topics.
The Trading Risk Quant team is part of the Financial Risk Model Development department. The department comprises of a large team of modelling experts, with expertise in the development and management of Balance Sheet Risk, Credit and Trading Risk and Market Risk models, with state of the art modelling methods, tooling and data-processing technologies.
What you'll do
A Trading Risk Quant is expected to:
- perform (derivatives) pricing model validations for end of day valuation (these models are developed e.g. by ING’s Front Office Quants and independently replicated by the Trading Risk Quant team)
- develop market risk models and methodologies (such as risk factor evolution models for Value at Risk or PFE calculations, for e.g.)
- provide support on the different quantitative topics.
The position offers excellent opportunities to excel in what you do and to broaden your modelling skills, as well as exposure to a dynamic and agile international working environment.
How to succeed
- An academic degree (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative field, preferably (financial) mathematics, econometrics or physics.
- 2-5 years of quant experience, with familiarity with derivatives pricing, financial markets and the most important developments (for e.g. FRTB). Relevant experience in equity derivatives and/or commodity derivatives modelling is a plus;
- Strong knowledge and experience with programming languages, especially C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with FM Front Office pricing systems, in particular Sophis is a plus.
- You have strong communication skills and fluency in English;
- You have a constructive attitude and pro-active team player.
Furthermore, you should adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour ought to be fully aligned with these values. You should also be prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
What we offer
A job for 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Benefits such as a 13th month’s salary, Public Transfer Business Card, pension scheme
- A dynamic and agile international working environment
- Great international career opportunities
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.