Android Engineer @ Yolt
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | 2019-09-16 | REQ-10022083
We created Yolt because we are committed to provide a fun and efficient way to manage your money. We’re on our way, and we’d love to have you involved. We work hard, fast and never forget to celebrate our successes.
About the team
You'll join a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who are part of a new start-up, named Yolt, endorsed by ING aimed at creating an easy and enjoyable way to manage your money in one mobile app. The app is live as an open beta in the UK market and is followed by expansion to other countries.
The team operates in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank with an entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. Our current challenge is to deliver the app and support our beta launch, build an engaging relationship with the users of the app and keep on developing the product based on feedback and the ideas we get from our users. To support our vision we are looking for an Android engineer.
Your job description
For Yolt we are looking for a software engineer specialized in the development of Android applications. As an engineer you work within a team of DevOps, UX and business colleagues to develop an outstanding customer proposition.
The candidate should have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and maintaining a native Android application from scratch. The app have to be quality controlled by fully automated tests for which the candidate is responsible as well. We use Kotlin for all new features of the app.
Visual aspects of the app are really important to us so experience in this domain is required.
Furthermore as we will be handling sensitive customer data, knowledge and experience about security (eg. encryption, SSL) is needed. We will work according to a SCRUM Agile development process releasing a new version of the app frequently. It is an advantage if the candidate has experience in back-end Java or iOS development as well.
The level of expertise and experience within the team will be very high which creates a very energetic atmosphere. We don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition. You will be part of an unique journey of setting up a new team and raise the bar with your experiences.
You are the Android Engineer we're looking for because you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or comparable
- 4-6 years of Java development experience
- 3 or more years of native Android development experience
- Experience with RxJava, Kotlin and MVVM (Data binding)
- Experience with test driven development & test automation
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced in Agile / scrum or scrum master
- Experience in user interface development (visual aspects of the app are really important for us)
- You are familiar with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, GitLab CI, Sonar and Gradle
- Experience in writing UI tests with Espresso
- You have knowledge of XML, JSON, web-services, security. Knowledge of HTML5, Mobile Web, App technology and DexGuard / Proguard.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
What do we offer?
- Full time position with flexible hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A most inspiring and entrepreneurial environment
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
Would you like to know more or apply?
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply now and become part of the team that will change banking.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!