Financial Service Manager
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-09-16 | REQ-10021033
Financial Service Manager Global WAN
Anyone interested in digital (banking) understands why ING is transforming and working hard towards an IT company having its own unique IT culture. And of course we are not a FinTech start-up and we don’t have the image of a social media dominator like Facebook and we’re not an awesome state of the art car producer like Tesla. But…
We are working hard to stay ahead in being a financial innovator offering the best possible solutions and services to millions of appreciated clients all over the globe.
And therefore we are looking for a Financial Service Manager GWAN (Global Wide Area Network).
As Financial Service Manager GWAN, you work together with several enthusiastic and professional colleagues in an international team at one of the headquarters in Amsterdam.
Working for Tech Infra means working within a professional, dynamic, and international environment.
Your working environment: ING Tech Infra / GTDC&N / Global WAN
The Financial Service Manager is part of the GWAN team, which is the ING squad responsible for the Global Wide Area Network (GWAN).
WAN’s are used to connect Local Area Networks (LAN) and other types of networks. Without GWAN services, ING offices could only communicate within one another in the same building using LAN.
Via WAN, ING can host local and global applications remotely from a seemingly single location.
The GWAN squad is the linking pin between the ING users of the GWAN and our external supplier of the network.
The Financial Service Manager GWAN within ING Bank Infra has 3 focus areas:
- Service Management GWAN
- Financial Management GWAN
- Network technology GWAN
Our supplier provides ING GWAN services so that ING can host local and global applications remotely from a seemingly single location.
This service is beneficial to ING primarily because it is one Network Service Provider that is managing ING’s complex network infrastructure.
As a Financial Service Manager you will be responsible for:
- Financial Control
- Communication and reporting
- Integrating the supplier in the overall operation
- Contract Management with the supplier
- Part of the team for the delivery of new offshore sites for ING worldwide
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Lifecycle Management
Your “backpack” should contain:
- You can manage (monitor, evaluate, continuously improve) Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management processes implemented in ING and contractually agreed with our supplier
- You can represent ING in the Quoting and Ordering Process and execution of Business As Usual changes in the network
- (Preferable) You have knowledge of basic WAN technology: transmission technology (OSI layer 1 & 2), Basic knowledge of IP networking (OSI layer 3)
- (Preferable) You have basic knowledge of ING network environment and requirements
- You have broad financial knowledge, like billing, budgeting and spend
- Capable of participating in contract renewal/novation/ Business Case discussion, supporting the contract management function
- You’re capable of supporting Tech Infra management in managing the GWAN budget and spend
- Perform the quarterly internal charging of GWAN cost (working with Global IT Finance)
- You are Inspiring, full of energy and passionate
- Focused on working together, facilitating others within the team to be successful
- Strong in conversation on different (management) levels within ING and with vendors
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong people management skills
Your education and background
- At least a Bachelor's degree, you have a strong knowledge of Finance and Service Management and good knowledge of Network Technology
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in the requested technologies and skills
- Good understanding, written and verbal, of Dutch and English
- A good salary
- Benefits like a 13th month, Public Transfer Business Card, Pension scheme, etc.
- Healthy food and delicious coffees every day
- The opportunity to excel in what you do and become better every day
- A dynamic and international working environment