Junior Finance Control Specialist
Employee | Accounting / Finance | Professional | Amsterdam | 2019-09-12 | REQ-10021499
Your Work Environment
Group Finance/ Reporting Control Management is the corporate staff department responsible for Internal Control over Financial Reporting. In this capacity the team is the linking pin between Group Finance and the other corporate departments, local ING entities and shared service centers. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the local finance control officers and taking the ownership for implementing the requirements leading to sound internal controls over global reporting processes. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing. The department supports internal stakeholders within Group Finance by ensuring that the processes, controls and their testing is performed in line with the internal and external reporting requirements. Other internal stakeholders are non-financial risk departments, enterprise risk management business representatives, internal and external auditors. The RCM team has a dynamic culture, characterised by open, direct and informal communication, with a focus on team work and quality.
As a Junior Finance Control Specialist, you are involved in many different areas and supporting the more senior team members of RCM. You are strongly result-oriented and you have a sound knowledge of internal controls on financial reporting. You are hands-on, like to work on multiple tasks and dare to speak out.
Your most important tasks will include:
- Participation in the testing of the entity level controls framework, based on the COSO framework, mainly done via interviews with senior management throughout ING;
- Supporting the Compliance Manager and Non-Financial Risk coordination for Group Finance, including performance of test activities;
- Participation in the global requirement setting process for ICFR/SOX404 processes;
- Assisting the more senior team members with the preparation and organisation of the ICFR governance meetings;
- Supporting the Finance Control Officer who is responsible for the coordination of SOx404 and 302 activities for the Corporate Department Group Finance and related base entity ING Bank holding, including preparing and facilitating interim and year-end sign-offs with the General Manager of Group Finance being the ING Group Controller;
- Helping entities with the implementation of internal controls in line with the guidance to ensure a sound control environment;
- Taking part in investigations and deep dives into various finance control and accounting matters.
Who are we looking for, your profile & competencies:
You are very ambitious and like to grow within RCM and ING;
- You have a hands-on approach and a healthy dose of organisation sensitivity;
- You are convincing in your work and critical (in a positive sense) of your own performance and that of others; and
- You are a quick learner, a superb team player, have a strong focus on stakeholders, supported by good collaboration skills.
In addition, you have:
- An academic degree in Finance or Economics, preferably supplemented by an RA or CIA certificate or studying for this;
- 3+ years of work experience in (external/internal/operational) audit;
- A sound understanding of internal controls, preferably the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Demonstrable knowledge of banking business processes and knowledge of the relevant (legal) regulations and procedures;
- Good communication and collaboration skills;
- You are fluent in English (bot writing and speaking);
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with the Orange Code.
- You are prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
Period and Salary:
- Period: start as soon as possible
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. Please send your CV and motivation in English. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check https://www.ing.jobs/Global/Careers