Know Your Customer (KYC) Pega Dev Chapter Lead
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | 2019-09-16 | REQ-10019505
The Global Know Your Customer (KYC) organisation is a new organisation within the COO domain. Their purpose is “Enabling people and organisations to use our banking services by ensuring a compliant and competitive KYC ecosystem.” Through an innovative and transformational approach, financial crimes, such as tax evasion and terrorist financing, are prevented or detected on a global scope. The Global KYC organisation consists of a Centre of Expertise, the Delivery Tribe and KYC Operations. By integrating all KYC related capabilities into one functionally steered organisation, the global implementation and standardisation of the Global KYC Digital Service is supported.
This Service consists of processes, enhanced controls, shared solutions and optimised operations processing across all of the business lines. The Service helps us to achieve a more robust KYC environment that will strongly contribute to ING’s overall response towards more stringent regulatory requirements in this area and beyond.
The Global KYC organisation is a 1st line department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions in the area of various KYC related regulations (on process, control, and digital solutions, etc.) as well as support to realize operational excellence.
The Global KYC Delivery Tribe is part of the Global KYC organisation within ING COO. You will be involved with the development of state of the art solutions on socially relevant topics such as Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and their global implementation across 40+ countries, affecting 36 million ING customers. Through this, we will be able to deliver our customers an optimal KYC experience, whilst remaining compliant and in control of our risks and processes on a global scale. You will be in contact with market leading vendors and thought leaders in their respective domains. As such, you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds.
The Global Delivery Tribe consists of Squads, which are built from high-performing teams consisting of 5 to 9 people. Squads are self-steering, autonomous, multi-disciplinary (BusDevOps, or a subset of these disciplines) teams with a fixed mission and purpose and take the full responsibility and ownership of end-to-end processes. Team members are 100% dedicated to the Squad and have preferably all required expertise to deliver their purpose. Squads prioritise their delivery via a backlog.
The Pega Dev Chapter Lead’s role is twofold. First and foremost he/she performs content tasks, contributing to a Tribe’s/Squad’s purpose for 60% of his/her time. Second, he/she is the Agile Manager (hierarchical manager) of an IT Chapter, a group of professionals in the same area of expertise.
For details on the content work, the Pega Dev Chapter Lead is not different than any other Pega Dev Engineers, and, as a role model, contribute actively to his squad’s tasks.
As an Agile Manager, the Pega Dev Chapter Lead focus on the increasing the craftsmanship of his/her employees. For this un facilitate his/her chapter to ensure proper knowledge sharing, standard setting, and issue remediation. He/She also follow individually chapter members to accompany them in their careers and help them grow.
plans/coaches/assesses (PCA) and professionalises his/her employees. He/she is accountable for his/her staff having appropriate competencies and skills. In particular, he/she is accountable for continued professionalisation so that his/her employees are able to continue to fulfil the roles and adhere to the work processes related to the Agile way of working. He/she stimulates the Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills and the area of expertise as a whole. He/she encourages and stimulates employees to take responsibility for their own development and employability. He/she coaches individual Chapter members, both regarding expertise related skills and behavioral aspects. He/she propagates a culture that fits with an agile way of working and is the role model of the associated behavior. He/she ensures that Tribes/Squads are qualitatively properly staffed. Also, together with the Chapter members, he/she determines the way of working in his/her IT Chapter and sets standards for the area of expertise.
For the content work tasks (60% of the IT Chapter Lead role) :
- Take part to User Story refinement
- Analyzes requirements and request modification or enrich it when needed
- Participate on Design of the solution (specifically for the ECS)
- Implement qualitative application
- Build application as close as possible to Pega out-of-the-box features
- Create or modify Unit Tests when necessary along the implementation of new functionalities
- Participate to manual testing activities when required
- Pro actively monitor application quality
- Ensure that logs do not display unwanted messages and errors
- Participate to the Peer Review process
- Fix incident and problems when necessary
For the Agile Manager tasks (40% of the IT Chapter Lead role) :
- Stimulates the ‘new’ culture
- Acts as an agile role model
- Coaches individual IT Chapter members on agile/CI- mindset and –behavior, on expertise related skills and knowledge sharing
- Challenges IT Chapter members in their way of working and their continuous improvements
- Realizes and maintains the IT maturity
- Strengthens the organization by continuously improving the IT Chapter’s way of working/standards
- Organizational Development and Employee planning
- Identifies and stimulates the processing of organizational improvement opportunities
- Performs the PCB (Planning, Coaching, Beoordeling/Appraisal) cycle with all his/her internal IT Chapter members
- Discusses IT Chapter progress in skills development and future demand with the IT (Area) Lead
- Allocates IT Chapter members to relevant Squads
- Ensures qualitative alignment between IT Chapter members and relevant Product Owners’ planned business value (Staffing)
- Performs long term employability planning
- Performs all other people management tasks, f.e. recruitment, talent management, et cetera
- Propagates IT vision and strategy to his/her IT Chapter members in order to align goals
- Knowledge sharing
- Ensures the application of expertise specific standards (DoD)
- Shares relevant insights and developments in his/her own expertise with his/her and other IT Chapter members
- Follows market developments in his/her area of expertise
- Aligns with other (IT) Chapter Leads
Knowledge and skill requirements
- 7 years of experience on Pega
- Pega SSA certification minimum
- Pega LSA Certification
- Agile team experience with SCRUM or Kanban or XP
- 2 years of management experience
- Chapter Lead experience
- Management 3.0 knowledge
Other skills or competencies
- Diplomacy and good communication skills
- Analysis capabilities
- Testing abilities
- Facilitation skills
- Retail Bank knowledge