Model Data Analyst
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-06-11 | REQ-10019113
Model Data Analyst
ING is looking for...
We are looking for a curious Model Data Analyst, who is looking forward to bringing our global risk model data environment to the next level. From your thorough understanding of risk data, you’re able to see how the model development and validations teams can be well serviced with high quality data marts to feed the risk models. Your technical and analytical skills enable you to pre-process the data before modelling teams start using it. A successful candidate has proven experience in usage of risk data and querying tools (e.g. sql, SAS).
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with Big Data in the area of risk and to service internal stakeholders with high quality model data, then this job is something to apply for!
As a model data analyst you will be responsible for:
- documenting the data sets required for modelling in detail and analyse the available data sources for this purpose (where needs the data come from and what filters to apply);
- building prototypes of the data marts that link the data sources with the modelling environment;
- designing and implementing data quality checks that serve data quality monitoring;
- supporting the testing process for newly delivered data;
- phasing out ad-hoc solutions for sourcing the model data;
- support model development and related projects such as TRIM (Targeted Review of Internal Models) and GCD (Global Credit Data)
- communication with the stakeholders in the model development and model risk management domains.
Your work environment:
The Reporting, Data & Analytics (RDA) department is part of the ING Risk COO organisation providing reporting, analysis and data quality assurance & governance services to internal and external stakeholders. RDA follows an agile way of working in which various squads have been defined. These are high performing, self-steering teams each with their own purpose. The current vacancy resides in the model data chapter. You will be actively working together with the colleagues from Model Development, Model Validation to deliver on the promises.
You will be part of an international and enthusiastic team. Openness in communication and “can do” mentality are important characteristics of the department.
We are looking for (expertise):
- MSc in the field of Computer Science, Finance, Economics and/or Mathematics/Statistics;
- 4 - 5 years of experience in a data oriented function, experience should cover both data content knowledge and technical knowledge (i.e. able to build complex sql queries to filter data);
- Expertise in the field of risk and/or finance is a must, expertise in statistical modelling is a pre.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Critical mind-set with respect to what is delivered;
- Hands on mentality with regard to data;
- Strong communicator;
- Good team player, able to contribute in a multi-cultural team;
- Fluency in English both written and verbal (work language).
What do we offer?
- 40 hour working week
Apply directly online and click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Edgar Vader / Filipe Machas Madeira via email: email@example.com / Filipe.Machas.Madeira.Lau@ing.com. Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application.