Procurement Sourcing Professional
Employee | Facilities / Procurement | Professional | Amsterdam | 2019-10-03 | REQ-10021893
About our Team
Our ING Think Forward Strategy is all about empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and business. And it’s important that our Global Procurement team can help ING to deliver the strategy.
In essence, the Global Procurement team is responsible for purchasing and entering into contracts with suppliers of ING and is the owner of the procurement policies, controls and system platforms to be used by the local procurement and business functions.
Global Procurement ensures the acquisition of the ‘right goods and services’ at the right time, place, and best conditions’ in a sustainable manner. To be able to deliver this promise in the best way possible, the Global Procurement team has recently been re-designed.
The Sourcing team helps the ING business to obtain services from suppliers at the right time, for the right cost and with the most optimal contract constructions in order to provide the best value for the ING business. Sourcing includes the process of a request for quotation/information/proposal, negotiation, contract structure to ink-on-paper. Sourcing also bundles contracts to leverage scale. The focus of this role will be international deals.
You will be responsible for activities related to the core procurement function. Specifically, this includes:
Sourcing (scope – international deals):
- Sourcing, including Request For Proposal (RFP) and negotiations
- Demonstrate Procurement leadership in all sourcing activities
- Manage the supplier sourcing process across the category, ensuring that all stakeholders are on-board with roles and responsibilities and thoroughly understand the Procurement Framework
- Encourage long term supply strategies
- Continuously enrich expert market intelligence and category (products and services) expertise, to challenge needs, give expert guidance and procure optimal suppliers and solutions. This includes managing risk & compliance aspects of sourcing, conduct market analysis & formulate sourcing strategy, perform reports & spend analysis
- Project management.
Internal Business Stakeholder Management:
- Be the trusted adviser to business stakeholders in all sourcing related activities to ensure that all requirements are met in procurement projects and strategies
- Develop strong working knowledge of Business Unit objectives and form close business ties with key category stakeholders
- Be influential across the organisation bringing together teams to support business objectives.
External Supplier & Relationship Management:
- Make recommendations on how to structure supplier models that provide a best fit model for the business
- Act as central communication point with selected vendors through all sourcing projects
- Through deep understanding of vendor issues within the bank, provide solutions to manage for the immediate term and also the long term
- Act as an escalation point for all Business Units
- Leading vendor relationship management for selected vendors
You will be a specialist in sourcing complex services and commercial negotiations. Your negotiation skills and techniques are advanced (level, quantity, complexity, style adaptability, quantitative/finance acumen, portfolio topic breadth/cross-category). You will work independently on high-risk and complex tasks. You have in-depth knowledge of and plenty of experience with Procurement processes, and of market intelligence and analysis techniques. You are considered a source of reference for the various Procurement activities by fellow employees. You monitor environmental factors and makes sure that all stakeholders are on the same page. You draw up sourcing plans and takes care of functional management of procurement teams. You are proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). You are a star communicator at all levels of the organization.
A total of at least 10 years’ experience and demonstrated ability at senior level in sourcing. Specifically, showing a specialization in at least two procurement categories. In addition to the category experience, experience in at least in one of the areas of policies, processes, systems and procurement management functions, is desirable.
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life