Senior Financial Risk Professional
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-05-20 | REQ-10018174
The key activities for the Financial Risk Professional role are:
- Consolidated monitoring and analysis of financial risks, including scenario analysis and stress testing;
- Coordinate, challenge & perform financial risk analysis and assessment;
- Global oversight and coordination of Financial Risks within the Bank;
- Prepare advice on management of financial risks;
- Support design and implementation of risk appetite frameworks, limit setting, allocation and monitoring;
- Support design and roll-out of risk frameworks throughout the bank;
- Perform activities related to ILAAP and ICAAP;
- Participation / leading (change) projects;
While part of the Financial Risk analysis team, this position in particular focusses on activities related to credit risk, such as:
- Consolidated monitoring and analysis of the credit risks of the bank across business lines and entities;
- Coordinate design and implementation of credit and concentration risk appetite, and its allocation to business lines and entities. Frequent liaison with stakeholders, such as Group and local risk functions is part of the responsibilities.
Work experience & skills required:
- >5 years of experience in the Risk domain;
- Expert in risk management and financial products;
- Fluent in English;
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or Quantitative specialisation.
Working with presentations, ability to present complex content in easy and transparent way.
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Strong analytical skills (breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces);
- Good communication skills;
- Able to identify and solve complex problems independently and with experienced staff, also involving the appropriate parties;
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner;
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments;
- Decisive and resilient;
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations;
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player;
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You are a senior risk professional with a good understanding of different types of market and credit risk. You understand the complexities of a banking group with global operations and have a good understanding of recent regulatory changes and requirements.
- You are team player who will add value to the Financial Risk organisation within a dynamic environment. You will ensure that the activities you are responsible for will be performed to an exceptional standard.
- You possess an excellent command of English, being able to demonstrate negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
- You are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests, complex and unforeseen challenges, as well as to constructively cooperate with your peers in building a sustainable, effective and efficient working environment.
Mission & Dimensions
Within Financial Risk the Analysis team provides integrated, forward looking financial risk analysis and advice. The unit is responsible for advising on global market, liquidity, credit and concentration risk appetite. Financial Risk Analysis performs consolidated balance sheet scenario analysis and stress testing in the area of market and liquidity risk. The unit sets the global standards for risk measurement and is functional expert on these topics.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information about the Orange Code: ING-Orange-code.