WO Workalong Internship ING Ventures
Stage | Wholesale Banking | Student | Amsterdam | 2019-10-22 | REQ-10023002
Intern ING Ventures
ING’s strategy is centred around providing a best in class experience to its customers, aiming to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and business. Innovation is considered to be a core enabler to accomplish this mission, especially given the fast changing environment we live in today, with the availability and fast speed development of new technologies and changing customer behaviours. Partnering with and investing in fintechs is core to our innovation activities as we see it as a way to accelerate the implementation of our strategy and increase business impact.
The role of an intern at ING Ventures is to support the team in identifying fintechs that have the potential to disrupt our core business or that would create ‘beyond banking’ opportunities, i.e. new business models for the bank. An intern will support the Associates and Deal Principals in the origination and execution of new investments, as well as in monitoring and evaluating our existing portfolio.
As an intern, you are as a full member of our team and you will be given the opportunity to gain practical work experience and develop your skillset. You will get external exposure to other ING departments, you will attend meetings and support with investment due diligence. Given the entrepreneurial angle of our team we are looking for proactive, hardworking and professional individuals.
About ING Ventures:
ING Ventures, is a €300m corporate venture capital fund that invests in fintech companies around the world. The team has full responsibility for the origination, execution and portfolio management of all fintech investments within ING.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Analyse tech trends and scout investment opportunities
- Gather information on target companies
- Assist in preparation of presentations and financial analyses
- Forecast business and financial performance of target companies
- Prepare and develop venture capital valuation models
- Support Associates preparing investment proposals
- Prior internship experience in Innovation / Venture Capital / Private Equity / Corporate Finance
- Completed 3rd year of a bachelor degree at a university or currently enrolled in a master degree
- Outstanding academic track record combined with extra-curricular interests
- Solid work ethic and high level of self-motivation
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Availability 6 months, starting Q1/Q2 2020
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Vincent Buitelaar (email@example.com). Please send your CV (including transcripts of university grades) and motivation in English. Note that you have to remain enrolled at a university during the duration of the internship. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ing.jobs/Nederland