WO Workalong Internship Transaction Services/Trade Finance Services
Internship | Sales Support | Student | Amsterdam | 2020-01-03 | REQ-10024680
ING is looking for an Intern
for a work-along internship at the Transaction Services/Trade Finance Services team of Financial Institutions (“FI TFS”). The internship will be in Amsterdam for a minimum period of 6 months.
FI TFS is part of ING Commercial Banking, Financial Institutions. The team in Amsterdam, has a leading position in providing risk mitigation and financing of international trade. Our counterparties are for the majority foreign banks, and ultimate clients are exporting and importing corporate clients of ING Bank. Key words for our department are diversity, accuracy mixed with creativity, and complexity; making this an environment particularly suited for internationally minded team players with organizational skills, eye for detail and entrepreneurial/commercial drive combined with an ability to perform under tight deadlines.
1. Processing/pricing of the trade finance transactions
• Handles flow trade finance transactions (i.e. letters of credit/stand-by letters of credit/guarantees, etc) presented for approval to the TS Sales team within the set limits. Is responsible for certain aspects of the transaction handling, such as arranging the approval and the administrative settlement after closing.
• Checks whether transactions comply with certain parameters such as available limits, tenor and structure. If the transaction falls outside this scope, arranges limit allocations, excess approvals, compliance waivers, risk mitigation etc, and monitors proper and timely processing.
• Supports the TS Sales Originator (Originator) in all aspects of the preparation and execution of transactions and/or specific projects.
• Advises ING offices (domestic and abroad) and external clients about pricing, risk appetite and structures related to trade finance and ensures that all questions are handled adequately and timely, reverting to the relevant specialist if necessary.
2. TS Sales support
• Depending on need, provides assistance to an Originator in marketing efforts and assists with the preparation for visits by the Originator.
• Depending on need, other activities or projects can be part of the assignment.
Your work environment
FI TFS provides a multicultural and international environment. Both regarding direct colleagues, as well as the client base. The latter comprises international Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and other ING departments. Due to the fast paced nature of the activities, FI TFS provides a working environment best described as diversified, dynamic and energetic.
Who we are looking for?
• Entrepreneurial/commercial mindset;
• Ambitious personality with minimum Bachelor level education (University: in final stage of Bachelor phase or studying for Master degree).
• Candidate should still be enrolled as a student at a University in The Netherlands on the date the work-along internship ends.
Organizational and analytical skills;
• High level of self-motivation and professional approach;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong team player;
• Fluent in English both verbally and written;
another foreign language is a plus (French, Spanish, Arabic, German, Chinese etc.)
• Good computer skills, focus on Excel and ING applications.
•Familiarity with trade finance products such as letters of credit, guarantees and trade loans is a plus.
Click on Apply. You can also call Erwin van der Veen, telephone +31205635091 or +31619284274
For more information about ING check: www.ing.nl/careers
We are looking forward to your application!