Our operations touch many lives: customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and society at large. Success will only be achieved if we act with integrity, balancing the rights and interests of all involved.
The Orange Code is our manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It comes in two parts:
ING Values: the qualities shared by every ING colleague.
- We are honest - with our customers, with those who govern us, and with each other.
- We are prudent - we deal with other people’s money and financial information, and we honor the trust they place in us.
- We are responsible - we are mindful of the social and environmental impact of all that we do.
ING Behaviours: the ways that ING colleagues conduct themselves.
- You take it on and make it happen - every ING colleague is expected to step up, use their initiative and make things better.
- You help others to be successful - our people work together towards common goals, and treat each other as allies, not obstacles.
- You are always a step ahead – we encourage all colleagues to stay alert to new possibilities, challenge old ways, and bring change.