Employee | Legal / Tax / Compliance | Professional | Belgium | H | 2020-11-10 | 060280
ECE Compliance Officer
Role & work environment
The Organisational and Conduct Compliance team (OCC) team within the compliance department is the second line of defence function supporting the business in managing its risks arising from Unfair Customer Treatment, Market Conduct, Anti-Competitive Conduct, Organisational Risk, Conflict of Interests and Data Protection. Employee Compliance and Ethics (ECE) are also part of the OCC team and deal with culture & ethics risks related to our norms, attitudes and behaviours.
As Employee Compliance and Ethics specialist (advisors), your role will be:
- to support and challenge the management of ING Belgium (and its subsidiaries) in the identification and mitigation of the risk linked to behaviours, Ethics and Culture. This are risks resulting from the way we normally do things in the organisation, and the hidden driver underlying this behaviour (e.g. risk of not speaking up).
- to support your compliance colleagues and corporate compliance in their mission to promote/enhance awareness within the organisation.
You report hierarchically to the Head of the Organisational and Conduct who reports to the Head of Compliance of ING Belgium.
In collaboration with the Head of the OCC team, you will be responsible for the following (non-exhaustive overview of) activities:
- Perform the generically known compliance risk management activities in the area of Employee Compliance, Culture & Ethics: Compliance risk culture monitoring, Orange code decision making, Compliance Experience & Ethics;
- Create and co-lead the delivery and monitoring of the Employee Compliance & Ethics related activities with the purpose to increase the level of compliance beliefs and behaviours in all parts of the organization in a traceable and sustainable way;
- Consider all areas of compliance risk management (Customer Centricity, Privacy & Data, Organizational Integrity related Risk, Personal Integrity related Risk) into the Employee Awareness and Ethics activities;
- Develop and execute the “I for Integrity” actions in cross-border interaction with the DB Netherlands Compliance Team (Unite context);
- Ensure a proactive follow-up and implementation of the different Employee Compliance & Ethics activities deployed, solving the risks and issues and initiating corrective actions or bring up best practices, new ideas when necessary;
- Elaborate, the drafting and Contribute to the implementation of the annual compliance training plan;
- Represent the OCC team in projects, workgroups linked to the domain of Employee Compliance, Culture & Ethics by coordinating, providing input, defending his/ her position, challenging the discussions and communicating the output to the members of the team;
- Provide the head of the OCC team with clear and convicing reporting on the activities deployed and making use of data analytics to investigate further potential areas of improvements;
- Align the activities and seek for uniformity in approach of the Business Line ECE community with the global function.
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As ECE Associate Compliance Officer, you will also need:
- A master degree in communication or marketing or an equivalent experience;
- Minimum 6 years’ work experience, experience in a bank or as a communication officer role or in ECE compliance risk management, communication, marketing, project or change management is a plus;
- Knowledge about and/or experience with compliance controls, compliance monitoring and compliance reporting is a plus;
- An excellent knowledge of English, Dutch and French, written, read and spoken;
- Good analytic skills, interest for data (analysis) and the way to process them, as well as keen eye for detail;
- Good knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, knowledge of other software application is a plus;
- Able to use different communication styles fitting with the need of the (internal) customer, both verbally and written;
- Being able to quickly integrate new concepts, procedures, modifications in the organisation or methodologies;
- Good skill set in the areas of personal effectiveness (i.e. autonomy, team spirit, courage and self-confidence, problem solving & result oriented by delivering on promises, “hands-on”, good written and oral communication, capable to work in changing circumstances, customer focus and investigative & learning ability.
Reference function: Compliance Officer