Senior Database Reliability Engineer – SQL
Each day, millions of customers in over 40 countries use ING’s banking products and apps. You’ll be making a difference to their lives by shaping the way they bank and empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and business.
We are on the hunt for an experienced "Senior Database Reliability Engineer", it is a key hands on, multi-skilled role responsible for ensuring resilience and reliability of key journeys on our customer facing systems with a specific focus on databases. You’ll work with SRE engineering squads that will in turn, work both within the SRE CoE and specific Agile Tribes that have ownership of key assets.
What you’ll do …
- Enhancing existing and assist in developing new applications by analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Assisting in designing complex, innovative engineering solutions and the associated validation process to solve problems or design briefs.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Adapt your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations and act as a role model for others.
What we’re looking for….
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft SQL (2012-2019) and AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Be knowledgeable about SQL performance tuning and query optimization.
- Be experienced in managing SQL in the public cloud and migration to it.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues.
- Be experienced with backup solutions / Disaster Recovery with specifics to databases.
- Be comfortable to discuss and recommend innovative technical developments to our customer’s with a focus on resilience and reliability.
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture leveraging CDC, Debezium and Kafka.
- Experience with analysis work using Redgate, Splunk and other systems to build patterns between metrics and events.
What’s in it for you..
- Discounted ING Health Insurance
- An additional Rest Day to support your wellbeing
- An IMPACT day to volunteer on an approved sustainability activity
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
We are all about celebrating success and as a result we are proud to be a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and a certified Family Inclusive workplace.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)