Senior Linux Engineer
Information Technology | Regular | REQ-10039578 | 2022-04-04 | Full-time
We are looking for a Senior Linux Engineer to join our Tech Infrastructure Platform team, based in Sydney. Reporting to the Tech Infra Lead, you’ve broad knowledge of system engineering/automation concepts, practices and procedures. You’ll function in and across our product teams, driving advancement in our engineering practices. You’ll lead by example and coach colleagues in creating and automating infrastructure build, test and deployment.
As a leader in the infrastructure engineering community you’ll play a key role in the continual advancement of our engineering practices through practices such as Lean, Agile and Continuous Delivery but you will also remain highly aware of industry trends and bring the best of the global engineering practices to ING.
Be part of a supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative products, which are at the forefront of digital banking in Australia. Apply your Linux skills to create new features and improvements throughout our technology stack.
What are you going to do? You will …
- Work along the full lifecycle of infra engineering from idea to working production.
- Build infra solutions involving DB, infra services, monitoring, HA etc. Design infra that is highly maintainable, secure and designed with quality and automated testing in mind.
- Role model in the development of your own capability across industry trends, technologies, methodologies and behaviours.
- Regularly coach and mentor other engineers and team members to increase their capability and in turn the capability of the teams and organisation.
- Set the standard for effective documentation and communication of knowledge, system and process.
- Lead in the adoption of Agile / Lean Kanban practice, methodologies and attitudes.
- Role model Agile leadership behaviours Champion innovative use of people, process & technology to solve hidden problems.
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- Experience in building and supporting Linux based Platforms in a Microsoft/VMware Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of DNS, Active Directory and network fundamentals: TCP/IP, routing, firewalls.
- Experience in supporting large development teams and designing infrastructure for high availability and continual operations.
- Proficient knowledge with embedding security baselines, Ansible Playbooks and programming, RH Satellite 6 and IPA, Open shift platform.
- Strong proficiency in scripting Bash and/or Python.
- Experience with Prometheus, Splunk/ELK or similar based performance monitoring and operations analysis and problem identification such as performance anomalies.
- Experience in coaching and supporting junior engineering team members and Confident presenting technical solutions to non-technical staff.
- Ability to operate and provide technical leadership in ambiguous situations.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
Please Contact Mia.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent-sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please)