Senior Software Engineer
Tech | Regular | REQ-10063064 | 2023-10-27 | Full-time
Within ING, we have embarked on our Accelerate Think Forward journey to build the next generation digital bank. We strive to provide (beyond) banking services, which are personal, relevant, instant and seamless. We have always been at the forefront of providing new innovative services and exploring new technologies.
Our ideal candidate will be self-starter with hands on coding experience, with a mindset to do the technical design for the team. Within this supportive team culture, you’ll also be able to take a lead role in coaching and mentoring the developers in the squads.
What you’ll do…
- Working along the full lifecycle of software engineering from idea to production.
- Build full stack solutions including DB, services and user interface.
- Consistent drive for personal development and the development of others in the ING Engineering community.
- Successful in delivering solutions that meet the needs of our internal and external customers.
What we’re looking for …
- Demonstrated experience and good understanding of tools across full software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience in Java, spring boot, micro services and Kafka is a plus.
- Technical leadership experience in delivery for software application and projects.
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and delegate to achieve exceptional outcomes
- Strong communication and collaborative skills with experience in agile methodologies.
What’s in it for you?
- Discounted ING Health Insurance
- An additional Rest Day to support your wellbeing
- An IMPACT day to volunteer on approved sustainability activity to give back to our community
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
We are all about celebrating success and as a result we are proud to be a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and a certified Family Inclusive workplace.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)