Chapter Lead Safe Business
Employé / CDI | Risques / Risk Management | Expérimentés | Brussels | 2019-02-05 | 055447
Expert Lead Safe Business Lending
[Function Class H ]
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay one step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead, part of your DNA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaV-d7eKWFc (click on link to see the video)
Then continue reading because ING might very well be your future employer.
Your role & work environment
You are part of the cross border Center of Expertise (CoE) Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs aiming to keep ING Belgium´s business safe so that we can show that to the regulators and the external world. Contribute to the integrity of ING products, services and employees and compliance of ING towards the outside world.
You are a business partner in 1st line of Defence and part of the Agile Delivery & Client Services Organisation who fosters ‘Safe business’ awareness to ensure that risks are under control. This entails that you manage proactively the full risk process from identification to mitigation. You ensure that the number of non-financial risk items remains within the predefined limit.
You depends on the Head of Center of Expertise.
Your key responsibilities
As Expert Lead you are allocated as Safe Business Officer to one of the Lending tribes (60%). You will need :
- To facilitate the tribe(s) in the implementation of risk governance, internal policies and procedures and external regulations;
- To advise and assist with the implementation of new and updated non-financial risk policies, procedures and measures;
- To identify risk items in collaboration with E2E-stakeholders, based upon E2E-knowledge of the Lending processes; provide evidence, document the risks and report. Be actively involved in discussions with regards to e.g. mitigation of risk items or preparation of risk acceptances;
- To provide analyses (Gap analysis, Scenario analysis, Impact analysis – Major Incidents);
- To be the gatekeeper for the Product Approval and Review Process (PARP) within the tribe;
- To define & prepare a risk assessment plan;
- To take ownership of and follow-up on risk walls and risk items during agile ceremonies;
- To participate to Agile ceremonies within the tribe (Marketplaces, Sprint planning & demo, risk wall in Obeya rooms) to be informed of business key activities at all times;
- To create and maintain risk awareness by assessing the need for specific 1st line training to employees. Customise training to the needs and set-up a yearly NFR Training and Awareness Plan;
- To monitor the quality of the Enterprise Risk Management framework: by identifying key risks, performing and evidencing key control testing to eliminate the risk of financial losses or reputational damage;
- To be the contact person for 2nd Line of Defence;
- To be the contact person for Privacy Office (GDPR);
- To provide adequate advice to ad hoc requests from stakeholders across the organisation.
As EXPERT LEAD you are responsible for people development (40%). You will need :
- To manage, coach, inspire, develop, evaluate and assess employees.
- To create the required environment and enable employees to do their jobs well, both now and in the future.
- To keep expertise related to the work field up to date.
- To propose training/courses, professional literature.
- To play a role model to generate curiosity of your team towards other domains of expertise
- To travel abroad for some ceremonies, meetings or trainings, if requestedWe are looking for
A colleague who is passionate about Lending products and processes and has a solid know how of the risk and regulations related to Lending. You are eager to bring fresh ideas to life in the area of non-financial risk and embrace risk challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals together with stakeholders. You love to challenge the risk status quo and eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
A colleague with talent to take it on and make it happen, enthusiasm to help others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead.
As a Safe Business Officer allocated to one of the Lending tribes you will also need:
- Master level or equivalent by experience;
- At least 3 years’ experience in banking or risk management;
- Thorough knowledge of non-financial risk frameworks and risk management;
- Thorough knowledge of at least one Tribe or Super Circle within the Lending domain and its application landscape;
- Experienced user of MS Office and iRisk. Experience with use of Service Now (Snow) is a plus;
- Proficient in English, French and Dutch (oral and written);
- Good knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Knowledge of Agile Way of Working & Ceremonies;
- Good analytical, coordination & organisation skills
- A curious mindset.
- People management experienceWe offer youWithin the cross-border Centre of Expertise Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs, you can count on a range of opportunities which will stimulate
- personal growth to realise your ambitions;
- an informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues to support your endeavors;
- a progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention;
- the possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture;
- the participation to courses and trainings;
- challenge of your working environment & a steep learning curve.