Data Governance Officer
Employé / CDI | Technologies de l'information | Expérimentés | 2019-05-20 | 056556
We redefinebanking. Whatabout you?
There hasnever been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’scentered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart,determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay astep ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would youlike to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued?Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Doyou want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way ofworking? Then read what comes because ING might very well become your futureemployer.
Yourrole & work environment
In thedevelopment of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", INGrenews its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unitetransformation. We realize a well governed data lake that ensures dataavailability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured& issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line withregulations : an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. We seekenthusiastic senior data governance analysts with passion for data, knowledgeand experience in data management to ensure that our new generation data lakeis optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology. You work in amultidisciplinary team ('squad') with data management analysts & engineersin the Data Management tribe to deliver great business outcome. Are youlooking for a position where you can explore and drive the businessimplementation of an Enterprise Data Governance program?
ING Belgiumand ING Netherlands have begun intensive cooperation. This means that you havemany contacts with employees of the Data Management tribe within ING Belgium and the Netherlands, withother tribes and with ING Group colleagues.
- Collaborate closely with business and IT stakeholders in order to gather their data governance requirements, to understand their data, their (meta) data needs and business context.
- Workout the enterprise data governance strategy and roadmap, aligned with the Chief Data Officer.
- Develop and implement data governance framework, policies, data governance standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise conform the data governance roadmap
- Monitor and control the data governance framework, policy and standards
- Ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities defined by regulator (GDPR, BCBS239) and at ING group level. Implement and oversee data management controls at strategic & tactical level for regulatory obligations (GDPR, BCBS239) while ensuring operability and maintability in cooperation with business.
- Develop and implement data management processes at enterprise level
- Support CDO in the data councils
- Define and report on indicators of performance and quality metrics
- Define long term meta data strategy and capabilities.
- Set requirements for data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy and other relevant aspects for business terms / data assets.
- Initiate data management improvements, set data quality, data security, data privacy, data issue remediation guidelines and standards
- Guide and coach others in the field of data management, such as data stewards in the business domains, and encourages the organization to become ‘data minded’
We arelooking for
A colleaguewith a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasmfor helping others to be successful and a knack for always being astep ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life andembrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are anaturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achievecommon goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to proposecreative solutions to problems. You havea passion for data, sense for accuracy and walk the talk.
· Deep knowledge and expertise of enterprise data governance framework, policyand standards
· Good understanding of business and technology issues related to management ofenterprise information assets,
· Thought industry knowledge on data management related government regulatoryrequirements (GDPR, BCBS 239 …),
· Broad knowledge and deep practical experience with data quality, data lineage,data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediationand other data-governance practices.
· Knowledge and experience with (meta) data modelling techniques and thedevelopment of conceptual, logical and dimensional data models and thesafeguarding of their interdependence.
· Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modelling choices.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able toalign with various stakeholders.
· Excellent command of English in word and writing to define business terms (andDutch/French is an asset).
· Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile way ofworking in multidisciplinary teams.
· Experience with the role of product owner or scrum master in case of a combinedproduct owner and analyst function. Scrum certification.
· Experience with core banking, finance or risk processes is an added value.
A brand newposition in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an excitingchallenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
Thepossibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our internationalteams, and our knowledge sharing culture.