Consolidation and Non Financial Risk Manager
Employé / CDI | Risques / Risk Management | Manager/Expert | Brussels | 2020-05-18 | 059389
Consolidation & Non-Financial Risk Manager
Your role & work environment
You will be part of a team of 2 people that is responsible for reporting the consolidated financial results for Financial Market Brussels, for non-financial risk reporting and for operational performance measurement within the FIFM Risk department. The target is to implement high-quality standards and to build efficient and effective controls around our processes.
The FIFM (Financial Institutions Financial Markets) Risk department in Brussels consists of approximately 20 people supporting a variety of businesses within Financial Markets. There is an intense collaboration with FIFM Risk departments in other Financial Markets’ trading hubs in US, UK and Asia and with the FIFM Consolidation, Regulations & Projects (CRP) team in Amsterdam.
Your key responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Producing a monthly SOX compliant consolidated financial report, including measurement and analysis of market risk exposure, fair and prudent valuation (price testing, valuation adjustments and reserving), profit and loss explained in terms of market risk factors and reconciliations with ledger
- Producing a monthly consolidated non-financial report, used for FO supervision, including new product and transaction approval, limit increase/extension approvals, limit excesses, profit and loss sign-off
- Delegate gatekeeper role for the Product Approval and Review Process (PARP), involving all FM stakeholders, BE-wide and globally
- Designing and implementing an efficient and effective process flow around transaction approvals and algorithmic trading approvals, consistent for all FM business lines and with smart involvement of stakeholders
- Establishing an operational performance culture within FIFM Risk by defining and measuring relevant KPI’s and steering the department towards operational excellence.
- Seeking outsourcing opportunities within the bank for duties which are non-core to FIFM
- Quality assurance for FIFM’s User-Defined Applications (UDA), internal control gap assessment and reporting, key control testing as defined in FM’s Product Control Framework (FM PCF)
- Managing FIFM Risk’s Business Continuity
- Acting as an FIFM contact for internal and external auditors and regulators
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Consolidation & Non-Financial Risk Manager, you will also need:
- Master’s degree
- Affinity with or interest in Financial Markets
- Previous market risk and/or product control experience
- To be a good communicator with attention to detail and able to summarise.
- To have a flexible approach to role and responsibilities
- To be able to multi-task and work in a pro-active and autonomous way
- To be fluent in English
- Programming experience (VBA, Python, …)
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the FIFM Risk department you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- international exposure to senior management and to other functions (sales, trading, quants, operations, finance, …) surrounding Financial Markets
- a wide variety of challenging projects and topics to specialise in
- possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- personal coaching from Agile Coach
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!