Data Governance Officer
Employé / CDI | Technologies de l'information | Expérimentés | Brussels | 2020-04-08 | 056556
Data Governance Officer
Internal, Full-time, Brussels
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? Then read what comes because ING might very well become your future employer.
Your role & work environment
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", ING renews its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unite transformation. We realize a well governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured & issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations : an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. We seek enthusiastic senior data governance analysts with passion for data, knowledge and experience in data management to ensure that our new generation data lake is optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology. You work in a multidisciplinary team ('squad') with data management analysts & engineers in the Data Management tribe to deliver great business outcome. Are you looking for a position where you can explore and drive the business implementation of an Enterprise Data Governance program?
ING Belgium and ING Netherlands have begun intensive cooperation. This means that you have many contacts with employees of the Data Management tribe within ING Belgium and the Netherlands, with other tribes and with ING Group colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with business and IT stakeholders in order to gather their data governance requirements, to understand their data, their (meta) data needs and business context.
- Workout the enterprise data governance strategy and roadmap, aligned with the Chief Data Officer.
- Develop and implement data governance framework, policies, data governance standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise conform the data governance roadmap
- Monitor and control the data governance framework, policy and standards
- Ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities defined by regulator (GDPR, BCBS239) and at ING group level. Implement and oversee data management controls at strategic & tactical level for regulatory obligations (GDPR, BCBS239) while ensuring operability and maintability in cooperation with business.
- Develop and implement data management processes at enterprise level
- Support CDO in the data councils
- Define and report on indicators of performance and quality metrics
- Define long term meta data strategy and capabilities.
- Set requirements for data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy and other relevant aspects for business terms / data assets.
- Initiate data management improvements, set data quality, data security, data privacy, data issue remediation guidelines and standards
- Guide and coach others in the field of data management, such as data stewards in the business domains, and encourages the organization to become ‘data minded’
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems. You have a passion for data, sense for accuracy and walk the talk.
· Deep knowledge and expertise of enterprise data governance framework, policy and standards
· Good understanding of business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets,
· Thought industry knowledge on data management related government regulatory requirements (GDPR, BCBS 239 …),
· Broad knowledge and deep practical experience with data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediation and other data-governance practices.
· Knowledge and experience with (meta) data modelling techniques and the development of conceptual, logical and dimensional data models and the safeguarding of their interdependence.
· Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modelling choices.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders.
· Excellent command of English in word and writing to define business terms (and Dutch/French is an asset).
· Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams.
· Experience with the role of product owner or scrum master in case of a combined product owner and analyst function. Scrum certification.
· Experience with core banking, finance or risk processes is an added value.
We offer you
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.