Experienced Java Dev Engineer
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | 2020-05-11 | 059363
Experienced Java Dev Engineer
Full time contract in Cours St Michel
Your role & work environment
As a Java Dev Engineer, you will be part of a Squad within the IT tribe DevOps.
Our purpose as DevOps tribe within ING is to accelerate the IT engineering journey of all ING squads and tribes, by providing enablers that are easy to find, easy to use, always reliable, secure and compliant. Our squad develops a Java framework offering to the other teams in ING the possibility to easily create products. The framework is used to orchestrate customer consent and backend calls. It also provides functionalities to offload Mainframe applications to support the new paradigm of mobile access.
Your key responsibilities
Design, build and maintain the frameworks offered by the squad, including
- Gathering requirements
- Functional and technical analysis and designs
- Developing testable and readable code
- Continuous deployment pipeline
- Provide advices to consumers to optimize usage of our libraries
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an experienced Java Dev Engineer you will also need:
- A Bachelor or Master in Information Technology or equivalent
- To enjoy creating innovative solutions using the latest technologies
- To be a team player and communicate well
- To be transparent and not shy to confront somebody
- To be pragmatic, proactive and solution oriented
- To be fluent in English
- Strong fundamentals in software design and development
- Deep knowledge and experience with Java
- A good knowledge of the Spring framework and Springboot is a plus
- Understanding of/and experience in distributed systems is a plus
- Knowledge of akka is a plus
- Experience in development using CI/CD (Git,Maven,Jenkins)
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Application Platform team department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions (trainings, Devoxx, etc )
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors. Challenging projects and a steep learning curve
- Teamwork in a highly empowered IT DevOps team. Close business interaction in short delivery cycles through Agile Scrum
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!