Fraud Detection Rule Writer
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | 2020-01-31 | 058830
Fraude Detection Rule Writer
Tribe Fraud & Cybersecurity
Intern, Full-time, Brussel
Your role and environment
Fraud and abuse in banking has significant impact on our customers and society as a whole. That's why, at ING, why work hard and relentlessly to prevent this. ING aims to be at the forefront when it comes to (technological) innovations for continuously enable safer banking. And in those cases a customer does fall victim to fraud or abuse, we will do everything in our power to help the customer, minimize inconvenience and investigate signals quickly. Our main goal being to surprise customers in a positive way every time.
Our organization has several teams that work from Brussels, Amsterdam and Leeuwarden working together to protect customers and ING against fraud and abuse. And to improve even further we are looking for a new colleague within Fraud & Cyber Security.
Your most important responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven new member who can be deployed flexibly within the Rule writing squad of the Fraud Detection department in Brussels.
As a Rule writer you have a key role in optimizing Fraud detection in close collaboration with Fraud Investigations & Operations. You do this by translating current fraud threats into rules for the benefit of various detection systems. You work in a team to interpret signals from customers and IT systems so that customer impact due to fraud is kept to a minimum. A sharp customer focus is essential. You work in the Rule writing squad, based in Brussels with regular contacts with the teams in Amsterdam and Leeuwarden.
We are looking for
A colleague with the talent to take things on and make them happen, who is enthusiastic about helping others to be successful and who has the gift of always being one step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas and accept challenges in a rapidly changing and complex environment. You are a person who always aims to work together, listens and invests in others in order to achieve common goals.
As a Rule writer you work in a structured and result-oriented way. You have a practical attitude, you are proactive and you also demonstrate your ability to take on challenging tasks by yourself if the situation so dictates.
Within your chapter you constantly work together to improve in your mastery; where necessary, you seek collaboration with other customer loyalty teams or squads to achieve improvements.
Besides the above, we ask of you
- An academic level of thinking.
- Knowledge of the ING organization and financial services.
- Impeccable professional behavior.
- Being a go-getter who won't stop until you know every detail of a Modus Operandi.
- You get energized by outsmarting fraudsters.
- With your strong analyzes you immediately add value to the adequacy of detection rules and measures.
- You are flexible, independent, stress-resistant and you find it a challenge to prevent or limit the material damage and also the non-material damage (reputation damage) for ING and its customers.
- You have a pragmatic attitude and are not afraid to make impactful decisions by yourself.
- You have excellent communication and analytical skills.
- You have excellent command of the English language. Oral, but also in writing. French and / or Dutch is an asset.
- Experience with complex rule writing and / or logic and / or programming experience.
- Experience in the use of analysis and statistical tooling (such as Zeppelin, Elastic Search Kibana, SQL Developer, R) is a plus.
- Knowledge of modeling (machine learning algorithms, fuzzy logic) is a plus.
What we offer
A clear goal, a unique offer and a range of flexible pay and other benefits such as:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions.
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues who support your efforts.
- A progressive and flexible way of working in which new ideas are valued.
- Furthermore, within the Fraud & Cyber Security department you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth, with:
- The possibility to participate in courses and training.
- Challenging projects & a steep learning curve.
- The opportunity to make a real difference in making society a safer and better place.
We redefine banking. And you?
There was never a more interesting time to work at ING. We are on a path that is focused on our customers, driven by technology and driven by intelligent, determined people. Our customers feel that our people enable them to stay one step ahead in both life and business. And we are proud of that!