Head of Private Banking - Zone OOST
Employé / CDI | Relation client | Manager/Expert | Anvers | 2020-02-19 | 058868
Head of Private Banking Zone EAST
[Full time job, Zone EAST, Antwerpen/Limburg-Leuven]
Your role & work environment
- Private Banking is looking for a Head of Zone East. The head office is located in Antwerp, the zone is composed of 45 employees (Private Bankers, Portfolio Managers, WAP & Middle Office). This team is split over 4 different locations (Hasselt, Antwerp, Leuven and Turnhout)
- You are responsible for the realization of the consolidated sales objectives and the development of the market share of the Private banking services and activity in your zone. You will work closely and develop synergies in your area with colleagues of Retail and Mid corporates.
- You are the representative face of Private banking in your zone and must develop and maintain a strong relationship network through contacts, sales meetings, conferences, events and presence in relevant organizations.
- You are responsible for 5 Bio Euros Assets Under Management / 6.800 clients / 4.500 DMU’s / 40 Mio revenues
Your key responsibilities
- Sales Management and networking:
- You understand and analyse the local market positioning vis-à-vis competitors and set out directives and actions to increase main bank ship and NPS.
- You set out the direction for driving the sales force and directing towards the right market potential.
- You use proactively the tools and campaigns set out by the segment. You build a network among key clients. Organize cross-segment cooperation with Retail and Midcorporates.
- You will represent ING in local organizations and ensure excellent relationships with the key Private Banking clients and other stakeholders.
- People Management:
- You inspire and motivate the teams.
- Manage recruitment, mobility, training & development, reward and retention of your staff.
- You set business/financial objectives (KPI) and leadership objectives for your direct reports.
- As a leader, you will be the direct coach of 2 Regional Managers Private Banking, 3 WAP colleagues and 1 teamleader Middle Office and ensure good communication throughout the Zone.
- You participate in the zonal direction committee together with the Head of Zone Retail and Head of Zone Midcorporates. Together with your counterparts you ensure the local collaboration between the segments.
- You ensure that the policies, processes, governance and controls are in place for compliance and non-financial Risks.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As Head of Zone East you will also need:
- a University degree.
- 10 years banking experience preferably including a number of years within Private Banking.
- a proven track record in people management and sales. Have a good networking.
- previous experience with other segments or in other business lines is an asset.
- to be familiar with or at least be ready to strongly invest in getting affinity with the local economy and region. You are client focused.
- planning and organizational skills.
- to be Dutch speaking and have an active knowledge of French & English required
We offer you
. A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Private Banking department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Possibility to participate to specific business trainings
- Contribution to the development of Private Banking strategy in cooperation with the other heads of zone and the senior management team of the Private Banking segment.
- Acquisition and maintain of strong competences and know how in specific products and services dedicated to PB clients, taking into account customer needs.
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Recruiter: Annick Declercq-Kloppert