IT Chapter Lead Backend Development
Employee | Information Technology | Manager/Expert | 2020-05-11 | 059354
IT CHAPTER LEAD BACKEND DEVELOPMENT
Excited to grow your career?
In ING we value our talented employees and strive to help our employees before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference to our success!
ING is looking for an IT Chapter Lead for Omni channel: Web Features IT Area, a Lead who will build and improve our digital channels and make our customer experience a fantastic voyage. You will be responsible for our current proposition for Home Banking and Business Banking in Belgium. The exciting part is that you will help us to decommission it and refocus the Business Banking proposition towards the target API landscape. You will lead a team of engineers both external and internal employees who work for multiple squads and with them you are responsible for finding ways to move fast in a synchronized manner making sure the two tracks of decommissioning and rebuilding the target of Business Banking are running well. While you are at it, also make sure the processes we do, way of working we follow are optimized.
You are an ideal candidate:
As an IT Chapter Lead you are a seasoned senior engineer and you are seen by colleagues as a go-to person. You will become a Chapter Lead within the Area Omnichannel Web Features. An ambitious, fast paced IT department which builds dynamic, cross-channel, platform focused web apps to maximize customer engagement in their daily encounters with the bank.
Along with the IT Area Lead and your fellow IT Chapter Leads you will set the standards for software development in your area of expertise. You have not only a strong drive to constantly keep your own expertise up to speed, but also want to make an active contribution to the development and advancement of the people in your chapter and your field.
As an IT Chapter Lead, you are a “doer”. Sixty percent of your time, you work as a senior engineer. You use your seniority to maximize team performance. You can coach engineers on content and can also do it by rolling up your sleeves and getting into action. The people in your chapter are equally ambitious as you, and you like to transfer your expertise to them and feel satisfaction from coaching (both professionally as personally) less senior chapter members. As a senior engineer, you also improve the quality of our stack and make it more optimal. You will be working in an international environment in different multidisciplinary squads. Together with business colleagues, UX designers, visuals designers product owners.
· You are a leader and know your craft: a team lead with a proven track record of finishing commercial / enterprise scale distributed applications.
· You get thrilled when you hear code and have > 7 years of software development experience, in multiple languages / stacks, testing and test automation. (Java (>7), Kafka, MQ, Relational Databases, REST, orchestration frameworks like Spring and Spring boot, Linux etc.).
· Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general. We see the IT Chapter Leads as elite engineers who carve the path of ING Bank’s digital transformation.
· Experience and through understanding of continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines. You are a believer in automating and hate repetitive tasks done manually which reduce productivity.
· You have a good knowledge and ideas on how you can re platform application by automating the process and practices that come with it.
· Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to learn new technical concepts fast. You know what loosely coupled services, patterns mean and you can cut through piles of monolith to have clean self dependent microservices.
· Proven ability to bring out the best in people and drive the team forward. You lead by example when the team needs direction and also have capabilities of wolf pack leadership i.e. you give them freedom to innovate while you focus on vision and direction.
· You embrace change and you are not afraid of frequently changing project direction or stakeholder environment.
· Ability to constantly balance the pressure of commercial targets of the teams you oversee and the quality of software they deliver.
· Experienced in Agile / Scrum / DevOps methodologies
· You know the pain of what legacy means and you know how to carve out ways to optimise, build, cut application and slice them into small logical microservices to have independent artifacts.
· Last but not least, hard-working, down-to-earth mentality. When a feature is broken with customer impact, you and your team will fix it: here and now.
What does ING offer ? :
ING is a top-notch IT company with a top engineering culture, incorporating FinTech mentality and financial innovation. We are agile, work in multidisciplinary teams and use cutting edge technology. This enables us to offer our customers the best possible services and respond to rapidly changing customer demands.
· You get to visit all the courses and conferences that fit your personal development.
How do we proceed ? :
If you get invited, you will meet our Business and IT Chapter Leads and one of our IT Recruiters in two separate meetings. You will have a dialogue about your views on technology, culture and mostly important about team.