Internal Fraud Investigator
Employé / CDI | Risques / Risk Management | Expérimentés | Brussels | 2020-02-10 | 058791
Internal Fraud Investigator
Your role & work environment
You will work in the team Inspection & Internal Investigations. Your goal is executing investigations to fight Internal fraud, including deontological infringements, in order to avoid and/or to limit the impact on ING’s image and to reduce the financial and commercial damage as much as possible.
The 'Inspection & Internal Investigations' team is part of the Operational & Compliance Risk department of ING Be and has the specific task of 'internal investigation' in the broadest sense of the word.
You report directly to the person in charge of the team ‘Inspection & Internal Investigations’. Functionally, 'Inspection & Internal Investigations' reports to Corporate Security Investigations in Amsterdam.
The main workplace is Brussels. Flexibility and mobility are important for various reasons.
Your key responsibilities
With the necessary discretion, integrity and knowledge of things:
- Investigating potential internal fraud and infringements of ethical rules
- Performing objective analyses of the facts (independent & critical look on alerts)
- Interviewing stakeholders
- Drafting and managing complete facts/ fraud files - case management
- Reporting independently on the different analyses performed by yourself and/or your colleagues (provides reporting to external stakeholders, drafts internal reports, communicate to team leaders and management)
- Follow-up of existing fraud files
- Being the contact point for official and external authorities
- Formulates clearly his/her advice to improve internal fraud prevention processes/lessons learned
- Support fraud prevention by providing content in the context of 'awareness'
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an internal fraud investigator you need:
- an impeccable personal notoriety;
- a master's degree or equivalent experience;
- the competence to make use of data-analytics
- at least 10 years of experience in the financial sector in various areas of activity that make you familiar with internal processes, minimum standards, risks and controls;
- for this vacancy, we ask fluently be in Dutch, French and English; orally and in writing (reporting and presentations);
- advanced knowledge of the various IT tools (Word, Excell, Powerpoint, ..)
- to invest in specific 'forensic' training and certification;
- strong communicative properties; both orally (conducting interviews at various policy levels, giving small presentations, interview techniques ...) and writing (structured factual reporting, administrative capacity of the file)
We also expect from you that you are:
- a team player; working together in flexibility
- reliable, honest and honorable (incorruptible)
- resistant to stress, is firmly in its shoes and can act decisively
- a problem solver who has analytical and problem-solving talents;
- strong in personal discipline and organization and also maintains a structural approach;
- proactive, can work independently and continues until a dossier is thoroughly analyzed and goes for quality as well as result and timely delivery;
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the team Inspection & Internal Investigations, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth by having the possibility to participate in courses and training