Junior Market Risk Manager
Employé / CDI | Wholesale Banking | Expérimentés | Brussels | 2020-05-07 | 059347
Junior Market Risk Manager
Your role & work environment
You will be part of the FIFM (Financial Institutions Financial Markets) Risk department in Brussels, which consists of approximately 20 people, providing market risk support to a variety of businesses within Financial Markets: Linear Rates, Repo Trading, Non-linear Rates, Structured Credit and Equity Derivatives.
The core activities of the team are measuring and analysing the day-to-day Profit and Loss (P&L) generated by the trading desk and monitoring and advising on the market risk exposures that are taken in the trading books. Next to this, the team is also involved in the product approval process, regulatory compliance projects and continuous system improvements. The Agile way of working is used to manage competing priorities in a transparent way and to track performance and success objectively.
Your key responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Producing a timely and accurate daily P&L and risk report.
- Providing in depth commentary that explains P&L in terms of risk factors and gives context to the evolution of market risk exposures in the trading book
- Understanding the P&L drivers and market risk profile of the products and trading strategies.
- Performing price testing and calculating valuation adjustments and reserves on a monthly basis.
- Participating in monthly desk reviews with Front Office, on limit consumption, limit review and pro-active risk management topics.
- Participating in regulatory global projects like FRTB and the IBOR transition program.
- Participating in local and global projects to improve risk metrics, data quality or implement enhanced trading and reporting systems
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Junior Market Risk Manager, you will also need:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Maths, Engineering, Finance, Economics
- Sound mathematical background
- Programming experience (VBA, Python, …) is an asset
- To be fluent in English
- To be a good communicator with attention to detail and able to summarise.
- To be a team player that can work with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams
- To have a flexible approach to role and responsibilities
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the FIFM Risk department you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- international exposure to senior management and to other functions (sales, trading, quants, operations, finance, …) surrounding Financial Markets
- a wide variety of challenging projects and topics to specialise in
- possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- personal coaching
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!