Product Owner Data Management- CDO Office
Employé / CDI | Product Management | Expérimentés | Brussels | 2019-10-14 | 057653
Product Owner Data Management –
Permanent, Full Time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
ING is searching for a Product Owner Data Management
We develop the digital bank of the future:
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", ING renews its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unite transformation. We realize a well governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured& issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations : an ambitious implementation based on leading technology.
We work in a multidisciplinary team ('squad') with data management analysts & engineers in the Data Management tribe to deliver great business outcome. The Tribe is very international, with locations in The Netherlands, Belgium and Romania, and people from different nationalities are part of our squads.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Owner with knowledge and experience in data governance for the “CDO Office”, team in support of our Chief Data Officer. This squad has a cross-border (Belgium and The Netherlands) responsibility and it has to collaborate closely with regulator, business and IT stakeholders in order to gather their data governance requirements, to understand their data, their (meta) data needs and business context.
Your key responsibilities
- You develop a product vision together with your stakeholders and your squad.
- You define requirements with the stakeholders in line with the Data Governance Roadmap.
- You prioritize the product backlog by defining road maps in “Quarterly Business Reviews”, by aligning in “Marketplaces” with senior management and other product owners of the Tribe, and by consulting with several departments of ING Group.
- You assess the feasibility of the proposed solutions. You evaluate the user experiences with the developed solutions and define proposals for improvement.
- You secure the operational performance of the assets which are delivered and maintained by your squad. You define and prioritize the operational requirements and organize with your squad the operational tasks to be completed.
- You support and coach others on data management, for example data stewards in the business domains, and stimulate the organisation to grow towards a ‘data driven’ organisation.
- You continuously take the initiative to improve the way of work and the collaboration within your squad. You frequently align with the Agile Coach, the Chapter Leads, the IT Area Lead and other product owners.
We look for
A colleague with atalent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm forhelping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Product Owner you will also need:
- Experience in the Agile way of working as a product owner or as a scrum master.
- Knowledge and experience with data management, data warehousing and data governance.
- Knowledge and experience of the financial industry.
- Conceptual and analytical.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in English (verbal and writing).
- Enthusiastic personality, who motivates the squad performance and supports the Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams. Advocate of the “ING Orange Code”.
- Willing to frequently travel abroad (approx. 1 time per week), especially to Amsterdam.
- Master or bachelor degree
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!