Senior Data Lake DevOps Engineer
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Brussel | 2020-02-25 | 055516
Senior Data Lake DevOps Engineer
Indefinite, full time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic DevOps Engineer with a passion for Business Intelligence and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
As a DevOps Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
You will work in the Data Management Tribe that has as a goal to decouple the operational world from the reporting. As a Data Lake DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in the strategy to become one global bank.
Your key responsibilities
As a DevOps Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of applications. You understand the entire technology stack, so that you can bring applications into production and resolve incidents. This means you can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Participate in the delivery of qualitative solutions conform business requirements and technical guidelines
• You challenge the input provided by the Customer Journey Experts
• You implement complex ETL processes and keep the ETL principles as a guide
• The aim for improvement is in your DNA
• You prepare and execute test cases
Collaborate to the engineering culture
• You have the mindset to “Automate yourself away”
• You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices
• You take full ownership from development to support in production
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Data Lake DevOps Engineer you will also need the following Skills and competences:
• Master or bachelor degree in Information Technology
• Minimum 5 years of experience in application analysis and development
• Experience in ETL & data warehousing technologies and databases is a must
• Knowledge of the IBM InfoSphere suite is a plus
• Experience in financial application development
• Automation skillset
• An excellent knowledge of English
• To be well organized and structured to explore technical implementation possibilities based upon solution specifications
• To be team player, ready to interact with a team of experienced specialists and coach junior engineers
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Data management department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
• Work in an international context
• Personal coaching from Agile Coaches and expert engineers
• The possibility to participate in courses and trainings
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!