Senior Market Risk Manager Equity Derivatives
Employee | Risk Management | Manager/Expert | Brussels | 2020-05-18 | 059383
Senior Market Risk Manager – Equity Derivatives
Your role & work environment
You will fulfil the expert role in a team of 3 people that provides market risk support to the Equity Derivatives trading desk. The core activity of the team is measuring and analysing the day-to-day Profit and Loss (P&L) generated by the trading desk and monitoring and advising on the market risk exposures that are taken in the trading books. Next to this, the team is also involved in the product approval process, regulatory compliance projects and continuous system improvements. The Agile way of working is used to manage competing priorities in a transparent way and to track performance and success objectively.
The Equity Derivatives Risk team is part of the FIFM (Financial Institutions Financial Markets) Risk department in Brussels, which consists of approximately 20 people supporting a variety of businesses within Financial Markets. The team collaborates intensely with the Equity Derivatives Risk team in London.
Your key responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Producing a timely and accurate daily P&L and risk report that explains the P&L in terms of risk factors and shows relevant market risk exposures and measures versus applicable trading limits
- Providing senior management appropriate explanation and context, based on a detailed understanding of the reported content.
- Design and implementation of a monthly global price testing and valuation adjustment framework that values the trading positions in line with the applicable accounting standards
- Design and implementation of an adequate monthly global reserve calculation framework in line with the applicable regulations around prudent valuation
- Making sure an appropriate trading limit framework is in place in line with ING’s risk appetite and the desk’s trading strategy
- Supporting your Front Office by analysing market risk exposures on the books and proving pro-active, forward looking advice on potential events and opportunities in the market.
- Appropriately challenging your Front Office on limit breaches, pricing and trading strategy and in the product approval and review process.
- Driving regulatory global projects like FRTB and the IBOR transition program.
- Developing and implementing structural solutions to improve risk metrics, data quality and system performance globally.
- Ensuring the reporting process is SOX compliant, in line with the relevant internal ING policies and documented in a complete and consistent set of policies and procedures.
- Training junior team members to enhance their knowledge of products, risk and projects
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Senior Market Risk Manager – Equity Derivatives, you will also need:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Maths, Engineering, Finance, Economics
- At least 6 years market risk experience
- Expert knowledge in the Equity Derivatives domain
- Strong financial product knowledge and a sound mathematical background
- To be a good communicator with attention to detail and able to summarise.
- To be a team player that can work with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams
- To be able to understand the business perspective of key projects for Front Office
- To have a flexible approach to role and responsibilities
- To be able to multi-task and work in a pro-active and autonomous way
- To be fluent in English
- Programming experience (VBA, Python, …)
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the FIFM Risk department you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- international exposure to senior management and to other functions (sales, trading, quants, operations, finance, …) surrounding Financial Markets
- a wide variety of challenging projects and topics to specialise in
- possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- personal coaching from Agile Coach
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!