Advisory Road Manager
Empployé / CDI | Gestion de projet / Programme / Processus | Expérimentés | Belgique | I | 2020-09-25 | 060057
Advisory Road Manager
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcB0ZKWAPA0) Then read what comes because ING might very well become your future employer.
Your role & work environment
As Road Manager, you will provide support to the organization in bringing about complex change programs. You will be responsible for managing various projects within the program and ensure consistency therein, as a component of the change portfolio planned by the bank. You will have in-depth knowledge of project/program management tools and methods, of process performance and of operational excellence. You will coordinate the projects within the program in collaboration with the Tribe Leads and Product Owners.
Your key responsibilities
As a Road Manager, you will perform the below described responsibilities within or outside a strategic framework
- Coordinate the various projects in the program in order to deliver as agreed
- Deliver and validate, with the Tribe Lead(s), a timetable for the program resources: define the scope of the program, the costs, deadlines, quality criteria
- Take responsibility for interim and final deliverables, financial management, achievement of the projected benefits, quality controls
- Handle the management of the ceremonies relating to the program and the preparation of the Quarterly Business Review
Support and encourage good relationships with the various actors in the program as well as with senior manager(s) in order to ensure sponsorship, involvement and commitment for an extended period
- Draw up and implement the risk management plan and any problems and changes to the program
- Resolve or mitigate risks, problems and significant changes as well as the dependencies concerned, within and outside of the program
Change Management and communication
- Inspire and motivate the stakeholders and project members in order to achieve a shared objective
- Define and present the ultimate solution and its impact on the organization, provide arguments for the choice of solution
- Handle the communication about the program, ensuring that the proposed solution is properly understood, accepted and implemented.
Strategic advice and Solution design
- Provide strategic advice to the internal business partners
- Challenge the validity of the given procedures, processes, policies and systems
- Formulate and test hypotheses and draw conclusions in order to determine appropriate solutions
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Road manager you will also need to:
- Take ownership on mission, actions and show a high level of autonomy: you are a role model and/or you become the ‘go to person’
- Be capable to take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level. Use influence.
- Be a team player.
- Be passionate about change and eager to push it forward
- Have strong analytical skills to extract precise and relevant information from complex or large environment
- Be well organized in order to respect milestones, budget and quality standards and coordinate complex projects
- Have a Master’s degree and/or relevant experience from 4 to 10 years in project or program management
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch or French
- Have Global Bank knowledge
We offer you
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.