Assignment | Information Technology | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 10 | 2021-03-30 | REQ-10033294
Excited to grow your career?
In ING we value our talented employees and strive to help our employees before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference to our success!
ING is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer fan of Scala/Java
Are you an experienced software engineer, a fan of Scala/Java, and interested in frameworks like Spring? Would you like to work in an environment where there will be heavy investment in your career with a large training budget, own hackathons, and knowledge sharing sessions? Then this is the job for you.
You will be working in the Touchpoint Tribe in a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for realizing the core platform of ING. Currently, the team is working on the authentication flow used globally within ING. We have raised internal software engineering to core focus. Better technology, direct user feedback, fast delivery processes, and maximizing automation are the current standard of excellent service in these modern times. We are currently in a very interesting stage. We started with a 100% greenfield product and built it until the current stage. This means no legacy, new technology, lots of room for new ideas, and the chance to roll-out this potentially successful product to other focus groups.
In your role as DevOps Engineer, you will work within one of the most advanced Agile environments in the Amsterdam Area (Spotify Agile). You will work on the authentication product in the Empire squad. There is a lot of room for new ideas and technologies. Because the product will be used all over the world you will be working closely with the developers from different regions. Next to this, you will also have the opportunity to work on a critical and high-impact product for our daily life!
If somewhere down the road you think it is interesting to switch Squads, that won’t be a problem. Amongst your colleagues, there are very smart software engineers that love to keep up to date on the latest and greatest of developments. Some even are speakers on public Meetups and known bloggers in the community. This is a magnificent playground to take your game to the next level!
You will be working in a true DevOps Scrum team with two-week sprints. You will be working closely with your colleagues by doing code reviews or pair programming where necessary.
Within the IT-Chapter we mainly use the following technologies and frameworks: Scala, Java, Rest API, Kafka, Cassandra, Azure DevOps (Repos, Pipeline, Boards, Artifacts), Jenkins, SBT, Maven, Elastic Search. All based on a Container Hosting Platform (Openshift, Kubernetes) on which we deliver every two weeks fully automated new features into production.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- You have an awesome personality
- You have knowledge of Scala, Java, Kotlin, you are at least a rockstar in one of them You enjoy coming up with solutions
- You have experience with working in a complex and challenging IT environment
- You have experience in an Agile/Scrum/Dev/Ops team
- You are a team player and a true professional in every way
- You speak up, are transparent, and not shy to confront somebody
How to succeed:
- Proven track record and proficiency in software development (3 + years): backend or front end (and thorough knowledge of the other, you are expected to be able to work on front- and backend).
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools, and pipelines. We work with Git, Azure Repos, Azure Pipelines, Openshift, Kubernetes, Ansible, Checkmarx, Azure Artifacts.
- A self-motivation for solving technical and functional challenges
- Great analytical skills and conceptual/architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general
- We expect the ability to transfer knowledge back to the ING Bank by holding presentations, workshops, documentation, and most important: setting new standards for the ways we do tech
- Strong social and communication skills. Being a sparring partner for our business colleagues
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and agile way of working
- To handle application risk controls efficiently, proactively contributing to preventing security and operational risks.
- To enforce that the right levels of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the application are preserved.
- Support with incident management
Nice to have:
- Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring knowledge of well-known OSS tools in this area (Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.) is a big bonus
- Experience with performance testing (Gatling).
- Lead development experience is a huge plus!
What we offer:
A challenging learning environment where you will work on systems that affect millions of customers. You are working in a growing, international team that is learning from each other and proud of what has been achieved so far. Also, we offer:
- A very competitive salary and benefits package.
- full-time position (36- 40 hours a week)
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hour
- Pension scheme
- 13th-month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS)
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today