Employee | Project / Programme management | Professional | 2020-01-16 | 058627
“It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen” (Scott Belsky)
To succeed in innovation, you need more than a new idea or a technology. It requires discipline as well as inspiration, business insight as well as technical savviness, and willingness to test as well as persistence to make it a reality.
We are looking for someone with a talent for making it happen, a drive for improving the status quo and a passion for new ways of working to join us!
Your role & work environment
ING has innovation in its DNA. If order to fulfil our mission to “Empower people to stay a step ahead in life & in business”, we have the following strategic innovation priorities:
1/ accelerate the pace of innovation (faster go-to-market)
2/ think beyond traditional banking to develop new services and business models
The mission of the Center of Expertise Innovation ING Belgium & The Netherlands is to enable these strategic innovation priorities by working on innovation capabilities, customer impact & culture.
We follow a scientific methodology to design the future, test it with our customers and move it to implementation. Our focus is on incremental, adjacent as well as disruptive innovation. The source of our innovation portfolio can be internally driven and through external partnerships (e.g. through our accelerator programme).
Your key responsibilities
As an Innovation Consultant, your mission is to ensure ING brings relevant solutions to the market faster. To do this, you will be:
- Working together with specific business and/or technology areas to identify new opportunities as well as tackle (customer) pain points by exploring new business models and technologies
- Leveraging on market research, successful innovations in other ING entities as well as third parties (startups, scale-ups, other), developing expertise in ING’s innovation focus areas and the underlying emerging technologies
- Coaching teams throughout the journey of validated learning and facilitating the execution of experiments and Proof of Concepts, both inside the organisation and in partnership with third parties
- Supporting the activities and programmes provided in/by ING Labs Brussels
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. As an Innovation Consultant, you will also need to:
- Be a fast & hungry learner
- Be a well organized, self-disciplined but flexible problemsolver
- Love to take initiatives and work autonomously
- Have great communication, stakeholder management & networking skills in order to get things done
- Have tons of courage & perseverence
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation, other benefits and opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Training (e.g. experiment design, service design, coaching)
- Unlimited brainfood from & exposure to the innovation ecosystem allowing you to work on your employability inside or outside ING
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
“There’s a way to do it better - find it” (Thomas A. Edison)