Safe Business Officer
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | 2020-01-15 | 058445
Safe Business Officer Chapter Lending
[Function Class G]
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay one step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your NDA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcB0ZKWAPA0) Then continue reading because ING might very well be your future employer.
Your role & work environment
Within ING Belgium, you are part of the Chief Operating Officer - Agile Delivery & Client Services Organisation (tribes, squads, Customer Loyalty Teams, centre of expertise ….) and will be working in cross border Centre of Expertise “Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs”.
Within the cross border Centre of Expertise “Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs” we want to keep ING Belgium´s business safe and ensure that business is under control so that we can show that to the regulators and the external world. As such you contribute to the reliability and integrity of ING products, services and employees and compliance of ING towards the outside world. Together with business stakeholders you are partnering with, you will work in a challenging and international environment with cross border contacts, bankwide stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Within the Lending team we coach the Lending domains (Mortgages, Consumer Lending, Business Lending and Corporate Lending & Trade Finance Services) in keeping their risks under control. As Safe Business Officer class G you you’re focus will be helping the tribes in keeping the IT risks under control of the assets used in the area of Lending. You will work in close collaboration with the different Lending tribes and their respective SBOs.
Your key responsibilities
Create and maintain a risk awareness culture
- Assess the need for specific 1st line training to employees
- Customize training to 1st line needs and set up a yearly training and awareness plan
- Coach and train 1st line employees
Risk anticipation and response
- define & prepare risk assessment plans
- identify risk items in collaboration with stakeholders, based upon business process and IT knowledge; provide evidence, document the risks and report. Be actively involved in discussions with regards to e.g. risk acceptance and actions how to mitigate the risk items
- provide analysis (Gap analysis, scenario analysis, major incident – Impact analysis)
- provide monthly progress report on implementation of actions, closure of risk item (incl challenging and validation of evidences, technical closure in iRisk), CAS items 2LOD consulted for actions, execute follow-up on registration and execution
- take ownership, follow-up on risk walls (risk items at different stages) during agile ceremonies
- participate at Agile ceremonies (Marketplaces, Sprint planning & demo, risk wall in Obeya rooms) to be informed at all times on business key activities
- facilitate tribes and domains in the implementation of risk governance, internal policies and procedures and external regulations
- advise and assist with the implementation of new and updated nonfinancial risk policies, procedures and measures
- monitor the quality of the Enterprise Risk Management framework: by identifying key risks, performing and evidencing key control testing to eliminate the risk of financial losses or reputational damage
- be the contact person for 2nd Line of Defence
- be the contact person for Private Office (GDPR)
More in particular
- advise and assist with the approval process of new & modified products & processes (PARP)
- provide expertise to the tribes/ squads during the life cycle of the IT assets, to enable secure and stable IT systems.
- perform specific IT Risk assessments (BIA, OSG) and follow-up on identified implementation gaps to ensure compliance to internal and external standards of their applications/infrastructure
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Safe Business Officer you will also need:
- Specialised knowledge of at least one lending activity (mortgage lending, consumer lending, business lending or corporate lending-trade finance) and of risk management
- Fluent in French and Dutch, good knowledge of English
- A critical and analytical mindset, have good coordination & organization skills
- To show a high level of autonomy: you are a role model and/or you become the ‘go to person’
- To be able to build trusted relationships with stakeholders
- To be a team player
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the cross border Centre of Expertise Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- the possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture
- the opportunity to work in a highly regulated and ever growing domain allows you to build deep knowledge of the bank.
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!