Chapter Lead JAVA
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | 2020-01-20 | 058666
Chapter Lead Java
Medewerker | Tech | Ervaren | België | Brussel | H
Tech ML Chapter Lead Java
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Chapter Lead that combines knowledge of IT software development with people management and organizational skills.
First of all, this person will spend time on building up expertise in his/her chapter and developing/coaching his/her chapter members. The chapter consists of approximately 20 people. Next to that, we are looking for an experienced Engineer that will work for approximately half of his/her time in one of the Java (Document Management) delivery squads.
You will be working in the “IT Area Doc Mgmt-Archiving-FMD-CDP”, which is a cross border IT Area within the Tech ML Customer domain and covers the Document and Content Services tribe (D&CS) in Belgium, as well as the cross border Facility Management and cross border Archiving capability.
The location is the Brussels Office of ING at Court Saint Michel. Frequent travel towards The Netherlands will be part of this role as D&CS is a cross border tribe.
Your key responsibilities
Manage and achieve IT maturity and the squad's mission
- Spends approximately half of the time working as a development engineer in his/her squad.
- Has an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and keeps abreast of developments.
- Stays one step ahead in the domain of Java / development, and also of IT Infrastructure and/or IT Operations and/or Test automation and applies learnings in its specific context.
- Helps build best practices around the Java development/release/testing.
- Organizes regular meetings to share relevant insights/developments with chapter members, and to work together on craftsmanship.
People and Chapter management
- Encourages chapter members to develop themselves and facilitates this (e.g. providing training opportunities).
- Provides coaching both in terms of professional and of personal development.
- Is responsible for the personal development and evaluation of the chapter members.
- Identifies top performance and takes action at an early stage for underperformance.
- Supports talent acquisition and retention management activities (e.g. interview applicants)
- Discusses resource planning for squads and chapter with the IT Area Lead and other stakeholders like the Product Owners.
Creating and safeguarding the 'new' culture
- Has an active role in embedding the Agile way of working.
- Functions as an ambassador for cultural change and advocates the 'organization doing' principles rather than ‘organizational talking’ ones.
- Puts in place a culture of self-development and high performing teams.
We are looking for
A person with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
Skills and competences
The IT Chapter Lead Document Management
- Inspires and exudes energy and passion.
- Has a keen Java / development and general IT market focus
- Is focused on collaboration
- Actively seeks help and feedback, and is not afraid to give feedback either.
- Is curious and always looks out for innovation opportunities in his/her focus area.
- Is able to proactively detect development needs and/ or monitoring requirements and/or release/test automation opportunities
- Is a senior engineer and go-to person for all Java related questions and/or
- Has already worked several years with Java related projects and/or
- Is eager and capable of further extending his/ her knowledge for all of the above mentioned domains related to IT developments.
- Has already worked several years in IT projects with Agile methodology.
- The IT Chapter Lead is at least a competent Engineer and has the education / professional certifications required for this function.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent level of English
- The ability to display style flexibility / situational leadership to teams and adapt plan, approach and behavior to the different needs and situation