18 November 2019 ... min read Listen
Finance Data Analyst
Employee | Accounting / Finance | Professional | 2019-11-17 | 058037
(Senior) Finance Data Analyst
Brussels, full time or part time
Your role & work environment
Within the Finance department the Finance Services teams deliver operational finance services for all stakeholders regarding accounting, financial reporting and management reporting, including quality and consistency controls. They are responsible for data management and analysis, Finance applications and process management.
As a Finance Data Analyst you are responsible to manage the data that is used and processes that exist within the Finance accounting applications. You perform data analysis and technical review to improve the data quality and you prepare reports for all stakeholders. You manage the data in terms of data requirements, data processing and new developments. You are also responsible to manage the accounting applications in terms of processes, referential updates, access management, incident follow up and implementation of change in collaboration with IT.
Your key responsibilities
As a Finance Data Analyst your responsibilities will be amongst the following :
• Data Analysis and Technical Review: collect and analyze data, define complex technical reviews, execute data quality checks, measure & report data quality issues, resolve errors and structurally improve data quality
• Data Management: define and manage data elements and quality criteria, analyse data flow (enrichments, transformation, …) from sourcing to output, keep documentation and share knowledge
• Data Quality Improvement : define solutions to tackle data quality issues, work with IT to implement, put in place new working methods or update processes with process owners, guarantee follow up
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
The future Finance employee has strong communication skills, is analytical and multi-disciplinary, has an independent critical attitude, is a team player, is knowledgeable on Finance matters, embraces change and has a strong customer focus
As a Finance Data Analyst you will also need the following qualifications and competences:
• Required level of education : master / bachelor
• Level of years relevant experience : 3 – 7
• English : advanced
• Technical : advanced skills to manage complicated data sets in different tools, use of data warehousing query systems, perform data cleaning, data mining, pinpoint trends, correlations, patterns and visualise data (issues)
• Problem analysis and judgment: curious to find data issues, categorise and report to stakeholders
• Planning and organisation: set priorities for process and data improvement, work with IT for developing solutions on data issues and follow up
• Communication : able to maintain a permanent dialogue with all stakeholders (mainly Finance & IT) on what drives the quality of the data and how to technically improve it
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Finance department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth including
• the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
• challenging projects & a steep learning curve
• the possibility to evolve from one job to another easily within Finance, in order to build a full knowledge of the Finance business in a major bank.
• an easy road into other jobs outside Finance, since you are in contact with a lot of stakeholders in the bank, both in Belgium and in The Netherlands
We redefine banking. What about you?
• There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!