ING Belgium Business Continuity & Crisis Management Officer
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Brussel | 2019-10-15 | 057045
ING Belgium Business Continuity & Crisis ManagementOfficer
Permanent, Full time,Brussels
The main objective ofBusiness Continuity Management is to have concise but clear guidelinesdocumented such that all critical activities can be resumed quickly in theevent of a major problem or disaster. In other words to establish, implement,operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documentedmanagement system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence,prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise.
As team memberof the Team Business Continuity & Crisis Management you are in charge of implementingand maintaining efficient and effectiveBusiness Continuity and Crisis Management organization within ING Belgium.
- Make sure that the BCM Minimum Standard are adequately applied within the Organisation
- Ensure that the Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management plans are updated, reviewed and approved at least annually. This includes the challenging of Business Continuity Plans to determine if requests are in line with ING strategy.
- Ensure the BCM processes are regularly exercised or tested.
- Ensure employees are trained and aware of their roles in the implementation and execution of the BCM process. By extension, Business Continuity Officers will be informed of major changes via the organization of bi-yearly town halls.
- Act as alternate SPOC for BCM topics for all 1st LOD (line of defense) related issues with respect to all internal and external parties. The latter includes regulators, auditors, suppliers, etc…
- Crisis Management
- Elaborate Crisis Management scenarios (in close collaboration with concerned stakeholders) and maintain the crisis documentation up-to-date
- Participate in the decision process to launch the OCC (Operational Crisis Committee) as a result of a Major Incident or event impacting the bank’s stakeholders beyond a certain threshold
- Act as co-crisis coordinator and facilitate crisis management and its follow up (crisis conf call, meeting minutes, lessons learned, …)
- Project activities
Support the implementation andtranslation of requirements of ING Policies and Minimum Standards
- Create new BCM templates
- Understand and challenge new scoring methodology
- Review and challenge all documents from ORM Group
- Implement all changes with ING BE
Support the implementation of NBBand ECB Recommendations within the business lines or other regulators
- Act as alternate SPOC for meetings with NBB
- Explain all changes and requirements with Organization
Ad-hoc support to requestsimpacting Business Continuity or Crisis Management
A colleague witha talent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and aknack for always being a step ahead.In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challengesin a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborativeperson who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love tochallenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions toproblems.
As a INGBelgium Business Continuity & Crisis Management Officer you will also need:
- a Master (or equally by experience)
an experience in Business Continuity andCrisis Management is a plus
a good insight in the 10 Non-FinancialRisks of the Bank and how to manage them
be able to manage a diverse set ofinitiatives across business lines and Lines of Defense
- strong capabilities to manage crisis
good knowledge of the governance,structure and organization of the Bank
good knowledge of Operations processesand products
an above average knowledge of (andexperience in) Information Technology
fluent in Dutch, French & English,written and oral
strong in decision making and analyticalskills
able to plan, organize and workindependently
- an extended network
able to address concerns through theimplementation of appropriate processes
excellent communication skills, both forinternal and external contacts
- a dynamic personality
- able to take initiative and flexible
- highly available in case of crisis
a strong resistance to stress andpressure
We offer you
A clearpurpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and otherbenefits:
Personalgrowth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise yourambitions
Aninformal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting yourendeavours
Aprogressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead ofconvention
Furthermore, withinthe [department name] department, you can count on a range of opportunities toinvest in your personal and professional growth with:
Fill in the opportunities specific within yourdepartment.
AnISO 22301 Lead Implementer certification is a possibility