Restructuring Analytics & Process Optimization Expert
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Brussels | 2020-11-09 | 060101
Restructuring Analytics & Process Optimization Expert
Full Time, Brussels (Marnix)
Your role & work environment
As Restructuring Analytics & Process Optimisation Expert, we offer you a varied role allowing you to continue to play a pivotal role in enabling the Credit Restructuring & Recovery department to stay a step ahead by providing management and insight through comprehensive restructuring tools and predictive analyses.
The Credit Restructuring & Recovery Department's mission is to help our clients who have difficulties by restructuring their loans in order to normalize their risk profile and, in this way, limit the impact on the Bank and its stakeholders.
Over the last few years, the Credit Restructuring & Recovery business has seen increased regulatory and audit requirements. As such, the Credit Restructuring & Recovery Department is investing to strengthen its portfolio management & control activities.
As Restructuring Analytics & Process Optimization Expert, you will be responsible for the reporting of the portfolio, regulatory compliance and quality control. In addition, you will play a leading role in process improvement and implementation within the department. You will also support management by participating in projects and, if needed, coordinate internal projects. You will work in direct collaboration with multiples stakeholders including legal, compliance and business lending departments. You will report directly to the head of the Credit Restructuring and Recovery team, who in turn reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer.
Your key responsibilities
- Key role in the development and execution of data driven culture and projects within the department: more specifically you have a pioneering role in the way this strategic implementation is rolled out within Restructuring & Recovery
- You act as an expert to perform and create analytical content, while at the same time providing support and advising stakeholders in creating value and competitive advantage
- You ensure compliance with all the requirements of our regulators and (external) auditors and are flexible about picking up additional tasks coming from new regulator or auditor requirements as they come up
- Key role in both local and global risk projects that are driven by regulatory or internal requirements as well as innovative projects aimed always to be one-step ahead
- Thanks to advanced analytical solutions, you contribute to create a right balance between the credit restructuring and risk cost management
- Leading role in developing and implementing forward looking models, tools and innovative solutions within the department in a most rapidly changing and challenging environment
- You are the End-to-End process owner of the Credit Restructuring & Recovery Department, responsible for the maintenance, improvement, and implementation of our processes, in close collaboration with other tribes and departments
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Restructuring Analytics & Process Optimisation Expert, you will also need:
- a Master in Business, Economics, with a strong and demonstrable quantitative and/or data science component or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- at least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience implementing complex risk management processes and regulations in complex organizations
- Proven knowledge and experience in the areas of risk management, credit restructuring and relevant fields
- Proven strong leadership and stakeholder management in strategic change, portfolio, and program management at senior level in the organization; be able to build bridges with other teams
- Be organized, able to provide structure and maintain focus on the full picture
- Be entrepreneurial and proactive, take initiative and ownership from design to full implementation
- Be flexible to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Good written and oral knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an asset
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
In addition, within the Risk department, you can count on many opportunities to invest in your professional and personal development with:
- the opportunity of participating in many local or international projects
- the opportunity of learning new areas of activity within the Risk Department or other numerous departments of the bank
- the opportunity of receiving coaching or participating in training initiatives corresponding to your career ambitions
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!