VMware Ops Engineer
Employé / CDI | Technologies de l'information | Expérimentés | 2020-07-20 | 059731
ING is looking for a VMware Ops Engineer.
The candidate will contribute to the maintenance, support and life cycle management of the virtualization platform based on VMware technology. The platform supports a large subset of the bank’s critical applications.
Your work environment
ING Group, and specially ING Belgium, has invested a lot in the development of a virtualization infrastructure. You will be part of a team of virtualization specialists that guarantees the standardization, the reliability and the stability of an innovating physical and virtual environment.
As a VMware Ops Engineer, you carry out the following tasks:
- Be part of a virtualization team implementing Cloud Technologies and in particular automation of services and provisioning (based on VMware / vRealize technology).
- Propose optimal solutions, based on the ING Group standards.
- Be responsible of problem solving.
- Write documentation.
- Analyze existing infrastructure and propose innovations.
Knowledge and experience
- Owner of a Master or a Bachelor degree with experience in IT.
- General knowledge of VMware Virtualization: vSphere 6.x, ESXi, vCenter and related VMware products like Site Recovery Manager, Lab Manager, vRealize suite (vRA/vRO).
- Knowledge of Ansible and Terraform is also a plus.
- Knowledge of Network and Storage is a plus.
- French or Dutch and English.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) towards all levels.
- Service oriented.
- Creative, analytical, forward thinking with advice capabilities.
- Deadlines and planning respect.
- Dynamic and well organized.
- Team player, stress resistant.