VP / Director Trade Structuring & Advisory - Working Capital Solutions Receivables Finance
Employee | Wholesale Banking | Professional | Brussels | 2021-07-27 | 061870
VP / Director - Working Capital Solutions - Structuring
Permanent employment contract , full time, Brussels - Belgium
Your role & work environment
Are you looking for…
A challenging professional environment within ING Wholesale Banking, in a growing business serving corporate clients in an international environment. A solid experience in a complex and varied position which will broaden career possibilities for a high achiever.
Are you also someone who is…
- critically minded, with strong analytical and problem solving skills with an eye for detail
- able to balance commercial drive and risk awareness
- hands-on, a hard worker who is stress resilient
- keen to learn and strives for challenge
- able to work autonomously and on several projects simultaneously
- a good communicator, team player and client oriented
… then you could be our new VP / Director within Working Capital Solutions
Your work environment at ING…
ING is a leading bank that provides its customers with a wide range of financial products and services via the distribution channel of their choice (click and face). ING’s global reach spans over 40 countries including 18 in Asia, where we serve corporate clients through our network of branches and representative offices. ING Belgium is, as the first universal direct bank, a strong player on the Belgian market. The bank provides its customers with a wide range of financial products and services via the distribution channel of their choice (click and face). Customers of ING Belgium are as well retail and private banking clients, as well as small, medium and large enterprises.
Trade Advisory & Structuring covers Trade Finance Services (TFS) and Working Capital Solutions (WCS); both are focused on corporate clients. TFS originates, structures and manages both funded and unfunded trade products. WCS originates, structures and manages (complex) working capital financing solutions (receivables and payables based). We work through our dedicated Trade teams based in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Singapore, etc. Transaction processing is typically performed through our central teams based in Amsterdam and Brussels with strong support by the regional teams.
Your key responsibilities
- Take the role of Deal Principal for large and complex receivables finance transactions
- Analyse client needs, identify opportunities and propose trade receivables securitisation solutions
- Lead client meetings and pitches, manage leads with potential clients and build up a trust relationship with clients
- Be the main client interface and coordinate the liaison with the internal and external parties involved in the transactions
- Elaborate and supervise detailed financial analyses of trade receivables portfolios and cash flow models in connection with the credit approval process
- Act as technical expert, supervise and take responsibility of the transaction structuring process, negotiate the deal terms and coordinate the execution of the transactions
- Coordinate the drafting of the legal documentation
- Craft commercial presentations aimed at explaining the product to internal and external clients
- Coach more junior team members
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a VP / Director you will also need:
- a relevant experience of more than 6-8 years within either securitisation, structured finance, Wholesale Banking product, Wholesale Banking sales position or in Risk Management
- a proven track record within trade finance and / or securitisation (is strongly preferred)
- a thorough understanding of credit risk and deal structuring/-execution
- excellent oral and written skills in English
- an academic degree in economics, management, law, engineering or equivalent
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Working Capital Solutions department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- challenging transactions & a steep learning curve
- getting to understand trade solutions from a wider perspective
- partnering and learning from various fintechs operating within the trade space
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!