Junior Relationship Manager - Financial Institutions Sector Coverage
Impiegato | Wholesale Banking | Da 2 a 7 anni di esperienza | Italia | Milan | 2023-05-05 | 068469
The Assistant Relationship Manager contributes to the overall business relationship with designated Italian banks and insurance companies, as well as leading banks in Greece, Malta and Cyprus. He/She will be assisting the FI Sector Coverage team Italy (“FI team”) in the Know Your Customers process (including Due Diligence, FATCA/CRS, etc..) for the overall portfolio.
The Assistant Relationship Manager will be working in a dynamic client-facing team of highly dedicated professionals which are part of a “virtual” platform with teams located worldwide, including Amsterdam. The role involves regular contacts with clients as well as frequent cooperation with internal departments such as Financial Markets, Global Capital Markets, FI Lending, FI Advisory, Risk Management, Compliance, etc.
- Support the FI team in Identifying clients’ critical business issues and business opportunities based on a good understanding of the client, their business, their sector and ING products, using an integrated approach
- Contribute to the definition of the FI Team strategy in close coordination with the Head of FI Sector, the business partners and in line with the strategy of the Bank
- Assist the FI Team in the drafting of the GLC form for credit limits commercial approval
- Support the FI Team in drafting PAM advice, including client relationship history, revenues streams and business objectives
- Assist the FI team in the Know Your Customer process (Including Customer Due Diligence, FATCA/CRS, etc.)
- Cooperate with several stakeholders on Know Your Customer (“KYC”) related tasks with the aim of being fully KYC compliant on all covered clients – continuous surveillance on expired and soon to be expired cases - off-board clients no longer in line with our bank strategy
- Ensure proper data quality within IT systems (including limit allocation, exposures as well as legal structure are correctly reflected in Vantage)
- Assist the FI Team in drafting presentations to Senior Management and clients.
- Prepare - in conjunction with Legal and FI Lending departments - lending term sheets and lead the initial term sheet negotiation
- Help originating product-integrated solutions pitches to clients, in close cooperation with product specialists
- Swiftly act on client requests by directing them to the relevant party.
Key Qualification Requirements:
- Ambitious professional with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong commercial drive and persistency
- Strong customer focus and entrepreneurial thinking
- Good representative of the team, both internally and externally
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong team player
- Understanding of and adherence to compliance related approach
- High level of financial and analytical skills
- Product and industry knowledge and well-founded know-how in the capital market business
- Problem solving attitude
- Able to manage multiple engagements and shifting priorities
- Creativity and ability to innovate / think out of the box
- Proactivity, energy and enthusiasm. Able to make things happen, both internally and in transaction executions
- Fluency in Italian and English, both spoken and written
Previous experience (min 2-5 years) in a comparable role within the banking sector focused on Financial Institutions clients and/or with one or more relevant banking products for FIs (e. g. Transaction Services, Capital Markets, Financial Markets, Lending)
Duration: Permanent - Associate Level