Business Analyst - BI Reporting & Analytics @ ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-11-15 | REQ-10063079
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, software and soft skills are equally important | 78% of our IT colleagues agree
Tardis squad enables the data journey between origination and consumption for MT members (and affiliates) in order to have access to qualitative, up to date data insights in a PowerBI Dashboard by working efficiently with highly skilled engineers, employing the latest technologies available in ING.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when it comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Requirements analysis:
- You make sure that the requirements are complete, consistent, of good quality, that they are translated correctly in the design, and that they are maintained and, if necessary, adjusted if changes occur.
- You support the Product Owner and the squad in managing the backlog by prioritizing and translating the epics into features and, together with the squad, into user stories.
- You make connections between business requirements and the product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Process analysis: You analyze the current situation , the problems that occur and the underlying causes. Based on this analysis, you provide clear process designs.
- Information analysis: You analyze the necessary input, output, and adjustment of data in the client processes. You analyze the information need. You investigate the quality of the captured data and come up with solutions to improve quality.
- Risk analysis: You can translate the policy and regulation of ORM, Compliance and Legal into design solutions.
- You will work Agile as part of a multidisciplinary squad which consists of Business Analysts, IT DevOps and UX Designers.
- Together with your team you are responsible for stable and maintainable solution which is delivered to our users.
- You create test cases and test the functionalities/changes made by Dev Engineers.
- You actively contribute to the analysis need for automated feed (e.g. onboarding/consuming new data sources)
- You correctly and easily identify the business need; you identify the implications and dependencies and build stories in accordance.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Relevant project and banking experience as a Business Analyst, with affinity on functional side and knowledge of Data domain.
- Stakeholder management - excellent communicator and able to build bridges between multiple stakeholders. You are able to convincingly put forward your proposals, challenge and convince and are a real team player in reaching broad agreement on the road to follow.
- You possess a basic/good understanding of the concepts of data feeds, data model, process modelling (BPMN);
- You have experience with the testing process – good understanding of the different types of testing (progression, non-regression, INT, UAT), can elaborate test scenarios in support of INT/UAT and can perform testing if necessary.
- You are familiar with Release Management concepts (minor, major, release notes etc.).
- You have project management abilities with which you support the Product Owner.
- You have practical experience working agile - understand and support the agile way of working in cross-functional and distributed teams.
- You have experience in supporting the rollout of modules/solutions.
- You have the natural seniority to make a direct impact on the direction of the squad and chapter.
- You look for challenges and encourage people to improve
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Accurately defines the key elements of complex, ambiguous situations.
- You have a passion for data.
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Mandatory: affinity for TECH/IT and Datamart and data stage insights
- Nice to have: Data Analysis
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an Economic or IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.