Business Analyst / Data Journey Expert - DAP @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-08-17 | REQ-10060776
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, your code reaches millions | 75% of our IT colleagues agree
Global Analytics enables ING to realize our strategic priorities; providing our customers with superior experience and driving our sustainability goals.
We are incredibly excited about Data Analytics and the great potential for progress and innovation. We believe that analytics is a key differentiator in bringing “anytime, anywhere, personalized” services to our customers. We wish to improve our operational processes and create new and innovative data-driven products that go beyond traditional banking, such as the platform models.
Our mission as the Customer Success team is found in the name, we help our customers to successfully make use of the available analytics platforms. This can be with on-boarding, training, data or ways of working. Through our strategic delivery of data we empower and enable world-class analytics products and services for ING Analytics, ING colleagues and ING’s customers.
You will work with a specialized team to deliver scalable data products, and enable data availability and accessibility for ING Analytics and our customers.
As Analytics Data Journey Expert you are the pivot between the Analytics tribes, and the Data Analytics Platforms – Customer Success team that is responsible for making data available to the users.
Your day to day
You will be responsible for leading the ING Analytics Data portfolio. Contribute and drive a data-driven environment, translating business requests into data requirements (and vice versa), and executing analytics projects by working with Data Scientists & Data Engineers, PO’s and business and tech stakeholders. Pushing forward change initiatives and bringing transformation and you will be the sparring partner to (senior) Management and stakeholders. This role requires a good combination of strategic thinking and implementation of data management across analytics platforms.
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Contribute to Data accessibility across Analytics domains and platforms;
- You support the Customer Success Team in the responsibility to manage the data portfolio by integrating this in your daily work and priority setting in close collaboration with Analytics tribes
- You manage and prioritize a backlog and/or squad tasked with delivering the ingestion backlog, in line with ING’s Agile way of working to create clarity for our teams and customers
- You have a strong drive to organize data within the Analytics domain and platforms
- You apply your experience in supporting building and managing the analytics products with an end-to-end mindset, including design, implementation and business operations and services
- You support offering Analytics Tribes by seamless integration into the value chain of our internal stakeholders and by connecting it with other internal and external capabilities
- You coordinate the contribution of supporting teams (internal and external);
- You support the development, implementation and communication of the roadmap and strategy
- You define business requirements for the development of products and services across Analytics domain
- You have an understanding of business needs, digitization and API’s, bridging IT and business as well as an in-depth understanding of modelling
- You have analytical skills and take decisions based on data and facts
- You can explain complex analytical solutions in an understandable way to senior stakeholders (birds-eye view)
- You are a proactive thinker
- You are creative and an out-of-the-box thinker who likes to work in a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment
What you’ll bring to the team
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in the aforementioned subject areas, having a solid background in data management and analytics, ideally within a banking business domain
Tech stack/ knowledge: Agile way of working
Soft skills/ competencies:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact, influence and persuade a broad set of (senior) stakeholders
- You react in a timely and effective manner (flexible) to unforeseen complications/requests while keeping a positive attitude. Result/deliverables driven by being able to set the right priorities
- Cultural and organizational sensitivity developed through prior experiences
- Demonstrated track record of getting things done in a complex environment
- You have a pro-active and can-do attitude (self-steering)
- You are comfortable in building relationships in and outside of ING Analytics
- Willingness to learn: open to feedback, develops on the technical and the interpersonal level
- Always thinking a step ahead and never satisfied with the status quo
- You embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment
Foreign languages: English (advanced)
Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field (science or engineering)
What’s in it for you
Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
Flextime – our own way of working
Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.