Business Analyst NFR Reporting
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-11-21 | REQ-10065469
Business Analyst role – NFR Reporting @ING Hubs Romania
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
With the help of 1600 engineers, risk and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration and Core Banking.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
We are looking for a team player who is enthusiastic to join the Management Reporting & Analytics Tribe to work as a Business Analyst in the Non-Financial Risk Reporting squad. NFR Reporting squad is the COE for global reporting on non-financial risk data. The squad is also responsible for development and maintenance of IT systems pertinent to NFR data.
The Business Analyst should be able to (collaboratively) solve problems in a structured manner and communicate the solutions in the squad and with the stakeholders.
You will join the Management Reporting & Analytics Tribe within the COORF organisation as a Business Analyst in the NFR squad. You will work together with a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside the squad to identify and solve problems. You will be part of the Business Analyst Chapter, in order to share standards, expertise and skills with Business Analysts that work in other squads.
Your day to day
As a Business Analyst you focus on identifying and solving strategic problems in the squad. These problems often require active collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders. Together with the Product Owner and the other squad members you actively drive the strategic direction of the squad, which focuses on automation and meeting user needs.
You break features down into stories (storymapping), prepare refinement of stories, write user stories and test the delivered stories. You ensure the full workflow lands in the Agile Way of Working we apply at ING, and you work together with the other squad members to ensure full alignment & understanding of the work to be done.
You support the implementation of solutions that you’ve (co-)created, by communicating about the solution design in a structured manner and by influencing decision making. You are clear and to the point, and focus on getting things done.
The Non-Financial Risk, Compliance community is your client base, in almost all countries where ING is currently active. Therefore, staying in close contact with these clients will be an important part of your job.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 4-6 years’ professional experience with business and/or data analysis
- Agile Way of Working (Scrum) is preferred
- Stakeholder management - excellent communicator and able to build bridges between multiple stakeholders. You are able to convincingly put forward your proposals, challenge and convince and are a real team player in reaching broad agreement on the road to follow.
- Understanding of the architecture of a database
- Ability to translate functional requirements to database terminology
- Translating data requirements into well-functioning data models
- Non-Financial Risk knowledge
- Dashboard development/refinement experience (Cognos, Power BI, Oracle experience ) would be a plus
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Mandatory: SQL Knowledge
- Nice to have: -
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an Economic or IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.