Business Consultant AML/KYC
Employee | Administration & Operations | Professional | Philippines | Taguig | 2023-09-20 | REQ-10055120
The Global KYC organisation is a relatively new organisation in which all AML/KYC related capabilities are combined into a functionally steered organisation. This with the aim to maintain and improve the effective & efficient management of ING’s AML/Financial Economic Crime (FEC) risks, a.o. by establishing standardised guidance, processes, technology and shared operational processing
The Regulatory Operations department within ING Hubs Philippines is part of the global KYC organization and is responsible for executing timely & high-quality AML / KYC operations, as well as providing AML/KYC Expert (CoE) functions for the global organization. The Regulatory operations department in the Philippines is a crucial hub in the global KYC organization, and with it is at the heart of the global KYC strategy.
The opportunity – Business Consultant
Within Regulatory Operations we are organization in different functional areas: Customer Due Diligence, Transaction Monitoring, Screening and the supporting functions. As Business Consultant you will be responsible to work across the different functions on topics like projects, delivery & performance management, HR, Finance, Communication, risk & control, management reporting and communication.
As Business Consultant you will be part of a general support function that works directly with the management team and its key stakeholders to deliver on the strategic priorities and BAU activities.
What you’ll be doing
- You’re organizing, facilitating, and supporting the different functional areas; you take care of communications, you’re in control of and provide the right information to support the area and the management team to track and monitor topics such as people, recruitment, sourcing, budget, issues, and delivery
- You involve your stakeholders and ensure improvements where needed, or you take the initiative to drive continuous improvements to optimize the effectiveness of the functions
- You will be responsible to support in the preparations of meetings, ceremonies, memos, briefings in close collaboration with the MT, functional leads and your management support peers.
- You will contribute toward the delivery of quantitative / qualitative budgets (Dynamic Plans) and coordinate & launch follow-up actions. You ensure that management information and control information is put together across the different areas in support of the RegOps MT and where needed supportive to the functional lead level MTs.
- You are a ‘spider in the web’ in the organization and act as a bridging function across organizational boundaries, including to our support function like HR, Recruitment, Finance, SLM, OPEX, Transformation and others.
- You drive and / or support in projects and other adhoc tasks for the MT, both locally and where needed together with other ING Hubs locations and Retail & Wholesale Banking countries.
How to succeed & who we are looking for.
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
We are looking for you if you have:
- An academic degree
- A ‘can do mentality’, are proactive, resourceful and willing to go the extra mile
- Demonstrated the ability to take ownership and consistent delivery on commitments in time, while working on multiple priorities at the same time.
- The ability to work both independent and as a team member. You need to be able to manage your own work and set your own priorities.
- The ability to think 3 steps ahead and link different activities and understand how they influence / are dependent on one another (analytically strong)
- 5+ years relevant work experience in an international operations context, preferably in a banking environment with an operational production focus.
- You have 1+ year of working experience with KYC (CDD, FATCA, CRS), Financial Economic Crime, Anti-Money Laundering or Compliance
- You have experience in working in a complex global matrix organization, with ability to interact with and drive progress amongst senior stakeholders
- You have proven experience in general management reporting/accounting, business management and stakeholder management experience, preferably in a consultancy role.
- You have the capability to conceptualize vision & strategy into proposed designs / structures and subsequent operational plans.
- You have proven project & change management skills
- You have excellent communication, presentation, networking and influencing skills, and are able to create strong and visually appealing stories in PowerPoint
- An accreditation for project management such as Agile, Prince2 or PMP is preferred.
- You are fluent in English (speaking and writing)