Business Control Specialist for Payments organization
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Slovakia | Bratislava | 2023-11-21 | REQ-10063956
In ING Hubs Slovakia we are looking for a Business Control Officer to support Payment & Settlement Services (PSS) in delivery of the service.
Are you the energetic Business Control Officer with a focus on helping management to successfully manage their non-financial risk? Do you have an innovative and strategic vision with a love for the unknown? Do you have an affection for payments (Sepa, Internal payments, etc.)? Then you may be the Business Control Officer we are looking for.
Your role and work environment
ING’s Payments and Settlement Services (“PSS”) aims to further mature, develop and expand ING’s state of the art payments platforms and services. The PSS focuses on delivering payments and settlement services, meeting the expectations of ING’s business lines and beyond, whilst ensuring the basics: safe, secure, compliant and reliable.
The PSS is an independent unit within ING’s CTO domain, reporting directly into ING’s Chief Technology Officer. The PSS combines Product Management, IT and Operations to ensure we can develop, maintain and run our payment & settlement services end-to-end.
The PSS is responsible for providing standardized payments and settlement services to multiple ING business lines (WB, Retail and others). There is a clear ambition to also look for external commercialization of our payment platforms.
Your key responsibilities
As Business Control Officer (BCO) you are instrumental in supporting management to manage the non-financial risk within Payments & Settlement Services. You challenge, advise, and investigate, in the process of developing, designing and maintaining the PSS risk and control environment. You safeguard that the PSS acts in line with internal/external law and regulation. You stimulate and guide Payment & Settlement Services to integrate non-financial risk in their daily business.
You will collaborate closely with other risk departments within the bank.
Additionally, you’re familiar with payments & settlement products and services, and the IT applications that support them.
Your main focus will be on:
- Supporting the development of the PSS Risk and Control environment.
- Managing the PSS Risk and control environment on a daily basis.
- Understanding the development, implementation and communication of the Payments & Settlement strategy, governance and roadmap.
- Performing risk assessments at business, product and policy level to identify key areas of risk
- Advising on and implementing controls based on ING policies, standards and frameworks
- Where needed, advising on the design of new controls and supporting the implementation
- Key control testing
- Support with risk mitigation issues and issue tracking
- Establish and coordinate the training program
- Contribute to risk forums
- Support management during internal & external audits
- Administrate, analyze and report on events leading to near or actual losses
From 3 130 EUR/month
*By legal requirement we are providing the information about the basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised position. Based on your experience/profile, the final financial conditions will be the subject to discuss and negotiate at the personal interview, however, not less than above mentioned minimum salary component.
How to succeed
You are an energetic and proactive professional with a background in Payments and Settlement, affinity for non-financial risk and a positive, “Do it-Try it-Fix it” mentality. You are able to think out of the box and challenge the status quo.
- You have an interest in understanding the Payments & Settlement environment, e.g. SEPA, instant payments, credit transfers, direct debits, International Payments and settlement services.
- You have the ability to understand the broader landscape of ING across segments (retail and wholesale), across countries and regions.
- You have the ability to quickly understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organization. You can find your way quickly and create networks in a new organization.
- In this environment you are able to identify risks, quantify the impact and advice mitigation measures
- You have strong realisation power, are confident, persistent and take initiative. Focus on delivery through collaboration, ability to bring people together to work towards the same purpose.
- Ability to display style flexibility and adapt plan, approach and behaviour to the different needs, cultures and situations.
- Curiosity to explore new avenues and learn from others.
- Ability to work in an agile fashion, purpose based and delivering value in short iterations.
- Ability to structure data and information and make them easily accessible.
- Creativity to find communication and reporting means and messages that make impact.
Proven track record and skills:
- Master’s degree with minimum of 3 years relevant experience;
- Solid knowledge of payments and settlements, and the IT applications supporting it.
- Experience in Non-Financial Risk is advantageous
- Knowledge of Wholesale Banking, Retail and Global Treasury is advantageous
- You are analytical and you make decisions based on data and facts
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written).
We offer you a bunch of great benefits
Friendly working environment
- You build your own working day - flexible working hours and work from home
- Daily working time: 7hrs 45min instead of standard 8hrs
- Daily refreshments - coffee, fruits, drinks
- Fully equipped gym accessible 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Game room with unlimited access
- Modern designed coffee corner and terrace with the grill spot
- Sick leave compensation: up to 80% of the monthly salary
- Life insurance contribution: up to 22,14 EUR/per month
- 3rd pillar contribution: up to 3% from your monthly salary
- 24/7 external mental health support
- Learning opportunities: internal and external learning programs
- Regular teambuildings, social events and communities
- Extra 3 PERSONAL days per year
- Extra vacation days: up to 10 extra days/per year
- We welcome your ING-positive friends: referrals starting from 1000 EUR
- 150€ for childbirth/adoption bonus, wedding day and registered partnership contributions, work anniversary award
- Our premises are open 24/7 and you can even bring your friends or family along (up to 2 friends to the gym and game room)
- Yearly bonus based on your performance and company’s results
- Cafeteria points: 50€/month (600€/year) - choose when and how to spend them
- Home office contribution: 20 EUR/per month
- Discounts from our and your favorite stores: up to 30%
- Warm welcome package for your fresh start
- Pet friendly office